Home Remedies for Tooth Infection, Effective Natural Treatment
Tooth infection is pus filled swelling which may arise as a result of tooth decay. It is also known by the name of root or tooth abscess. Tooth infection can be caused due to certain factors such as; entry of foreign substances in the tooth and inability of the body to clean away the tissues and dead cells. Some of the basic symptoms of tooth infection are; breath odor, toothache, bitter taste in the mouth, pain while chewing, swollen glands of the neck, possible fever, sensitivity of the teeth to cold or hot, bitter taste in the mouth, discomfort and uneasiness and swelling of upper or lower jaw area.
There are several home remedies for tooth infection which are simple to use and easy to follow. Some of the common home remedies are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for tooth infection is the use of garlic. It helps in reducing the pain and works as a natural pain killer. All you need to do is crush a garlic clove and then mix little amount of rock salt to it. Now apply this mixture to the affected area. It will give you relief from the pain.
2. One of the simplest home remedies is to take some hot water and dip a towel in it. Now squeeze the towel of the excess water and place it on the affected side of your face. Repeat this process by dipping the towel in hot water on regular intervals and then reapply it on the same place. This will give you relief from the pain.
3. Cloves are considered to be natural home remedy for toothache and tooth infections.
4. Just take some cloves and place them on the infected tooth and in between the cheeks. Let these cloves stay there for almost half an hour until the pain goes away. Or you can even use clove oil to treat the tooth infection.
5. Peppermint tea is also helpful in cooling and soothing the affected tooth cause due to infection in tooth. Take some peppermint leaves and boil them with water. Boil this mixture until it becomes lukewarm and then rinse your mouth with this tea.
6. In case of oral inflammation caused due to infection in tooth, try applying ice pack on the affected side of your face. You have to put this ice pack on for five minutes and off for five minutes. It will help in reducing the swelling and prevent the infection from spreading further.
7. Aloe vera gel is very effective in treating gum infection. All you need to do is take some aloe vera gel on your finger and then massage the affected gum with it. This can prove to be very beneficial in treating tooth infection.
8. Make it a daily habit of eating apples. Apples are known to have nutrients which help in making our gums firmer and stronger.
9. Chamomile tea bags are also effective in the case of tooth infection. Just take some used chamomile tea bags and then put them on affected tooth.
These were some of the most effective and popular home remedies which are simple, safe and easy to follow.
Published by Bronx Family on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Akansha on December 26th 2011 | Health
Published by Adair Sawyer on December 8th 2011 | Health
Published by North Ryde Dentist on May 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Sean on March 14th 2012 | Health
Published by Pitter James on December 16th 2011 | Health