7 Great Tips for Cloud Computing and Other Outsourced Services
Running a business is no longer as costly as it used to be. Aside from the ability to reduce management responsibilities by outsourcing back-office tasks to a BPO company, you can also reduce maintenance and purchase costs for operations done within your office. For example, cloud computing is the most popular solution to equipping all your employees with the appropriate tools without needing to purchase all the expensive software. However, due diligence should be exercised so that your business will only outsource the services that you actually need. Why? Because most cloud service providers bundle up their services into complete packages and offer these to their target market. These complete packages are seldom customizable, which means those who purchase the package have to pay for all the services when they don't even need them. You can safely avoid this costly set-up by doing the following:
1. Shop around the internet for available options - there are plenty of cloud computing service providers available on the internet. Use the internet to search and make a list of the most reliable cloud computing service providers who offer the tools that you need.
2. Compare prices - cost-reduction is the main reason why you are choosing to avail of cloud computing, so you have to narrow down your list to only the companies that you can afford.
3. Consider your hardware - just because you're looking to use the cloud for your operations doesn't mean that you shouldn't pay attention to your existing hardware. It is actually very important that the cloud computing services match up with the capabilities of your hardware, or else it will be a waste of time and resources. You may want to look for a company that offers hardware equipment that complements their cloud computing services.
4. Look for customizability - to make sure that you don't pay for tools that you don't need, look for customizable packages from the list of companies that you have researched. And when you have found a suitable candidate...
5. Read the contract carefully - go through the whole contract to make sure that all the services offered to you are written down. No matter how reputable the company may be, you always have to look out for the best interest of your own business.
6. Ask about maintenance - when a service that you have purchased begins showing issues, you need to have someone accountable. Usually this is the service provider, so you have to make sure that all parties are clear on that.
7. Intellectual property - this is very important. It should be clearly stated in the contract who owns the data generated from using the cloud computing services. For example, if you plan to purchase a CRM package, the contact information of all your business leads should remain your sole property and cannot be sold to other businesses.
Cloud computing will be a big help for small and medium sized companies who are just starting out in Singapore. Aside from cloud computing, other services can be outsourced to save on expenses, such as b2b lead generation, appointment setting, client profiling and of course, telemarketing. The main point of this article is that whatever service you choose to entrust to a third party, you have to make sure that they are: reputable, dependable, accountable, affordable and customizable.
Jayden Chu - About Author:
Jayden Chu helps companies in Singapore and in other Asia Pacific countries increase their business revenue through lead generation and appointment setting services. He is a professional consultant for telemarketing services. To find out how you can increase your business revenue, go to http://www.callbox.com.sg/
Published by Julia Bennet on April 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Nidhigupta on June 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Terrypa Sencio on February 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Tim Robbin on December 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Amery on February 23rd 2012 | Advertising
Published by Mary Porter on July 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Markgordon on July 25th 2012 | Advertising
Published by Chris Adam on January 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Webin Lee on March 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Pittervertigo on June 26th 2012 | Business
Published by Cody on June 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Jullia on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by John Legraund Is An SEO Expert And Content Writer Who Has Written Articles On Mystery Shopping, Hunter Fan And Search Engine Optimisation on May 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Ema Sis on June 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Annamawrick on December 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Ankit Pandey on December 5th 2011 | Business
Published by Blossom Dana on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Terrypa Sencio on January 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Annphilip on February 27th 2012 | Business