Your Diet: 7 Weight loss Tips that Work
Obesity and weight issues have plagued nations the world over. In Canada, 62% of the adult population is either overweight or obese and this trend is fast catching up with adolescents and children. To address this social evil several Vancouver weight loss programs have come into effect. Realizing the deep yet complex correlation between weight issues and mental health, most of these Vancouver weight loss programs operate with the aim of not just making their clients healthy but also happy. Patients are given tools to decrease stress levels, negative thoughts and alter poor lifestyle choices. Experts say that these interventions crate a foundation of long-term health and well-being.
Many of Vancouver weight loss programs claim that by following medically supervised programs, patients can safely lose up to 10 – 20 pounds every month and maintain it. One of the most common direct tools used by such weight loss programs is dietary recommendations. However, weight loss diets can be very tricky and many believe that diets don’t work.
We often make weight loss much more difficult than it needs to be with extreme diets that leave us cranky and starving, and eating habits that stop us before we get started. But by making smart choices every day, one can develop new eating habits and preferences that will leave one feeling satisfied and help win the battle of the bulge. The issue of weight is a simple balancing act: eating more calories than the body can burn will lead to weight gain and eating fewer calories than the body can burn will lead to weight loss.
Here are some common myths and tips about dieting that work:
1. Eating less will reduce weight: Sometimes the calorie intake needs to be bumped up to stoke metabolism. Which means one is not only losing out on precious nutrients by not eating enough but also slowing down the body’s metabolism rate.
2. Rewarding oneself with food after exercise: By rewarding one with a treat of a high-calorie treat doesn’t add up to weight loss. Generally we overestimate how much a workout burned and underestimate how much we eat.
3. Diet drinks: Research has suggested that diet drinks the taste of something sweet without the calories can cause the body to hold on to calories as fat.
4. Eliminating wine from the diet will help: A research found that women who drank one to two glasses with wine daily gained less weight over 13 years.
5. People around have no effect on weight: A study from Harvard says “chances of being overweight or obese increase half a percent with every friend in your network who is obese.” Researchers have found out that this is due to the fact that the perception of being overweight changes and ‘large’ seems more acceptable.
6. Cutting down on carbs or fat completely: Cutting back markedly on any one food group - carbs or fat can leave one short on the nutrients. This will lead to low energy levels.
7. Fiber rich diet doesn’t help in weight loss: Recent research in the Journal of Nutrition suggests eating more fiber as a way to prevent weight gain or even encourage weight loss. Some fiber rich foods are apples, green beans, sweet potato, raspberries, strawberries, chickpeas, pumpkin.
Be aware of the nutrient values of what your diet comprises of. Last but not the least; one should take charge of one’s health by understanding that just dieting will not lead to weight-loss. This has to be coupled with overall wellness and a positive lifestyle.
Published by Shaily Brown on November 29th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by Mike Nicholson on April 17th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Justin Mark on December 22nd 2011 | Health
Published by James Smith on May 15th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Shaily Brown on December 13th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by Shaily Brown on January 4th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Katie Joan on December 20th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by John Abrahm on January 9th 2012 | Health
Published by James Smith on December 27th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by Katie Joan on January 5th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by John Abrahm on January 13th 2012 | Health
Published by Goldenlimca on December 14th 2011 | Health
Published by James Smith on December 18th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by Nicolas Bell on July 27th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Sam Winget on April 7th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Ricky Whitemore on May 27th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Makjonson on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Webmaster on April 18th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Makjonson on December 22nd 2011 | Health
Published by Katie Joan on December 28th 2011 | Weight Loss