Loose Your Excessive Fat by Bariatic Surgery
Recently, I was invited to the wedding of my childhood friend Monika’s son. I was meeting her after five long years. When I arrived at the venue, I was desperate to see my plump and bubbly friend but I was pleasingly surprised to find a lean, fit and luminously calm Monika. I could not believe what I was seeing. She used to be this overweight, anxious and always on a run kind of a woman, but now she seemed completely transformed. I nudged her and complimented her on her new avatar. Later, she divulged her makeover secret. She had opted for Bariatric Surgery!
Like Monika, hundreds and thousands of people are plagued by obesity and its associated discomforts. Obesity instills a feeling of low esteem in an individual because of
• Unattractive appearance
• Inability to perform day to day activities with agility
• High blood pressure
• Fertility problems
• Relationship problems
• Depression etc.
Unfortunately, some of us have bodies which do not show any agreeable changes even upon rigorous diet control and stringent weight loss regimens. In such cases, Bariatric Surgery or Weight loss surgery is the possible refuge. So what do we mean by this surgery?
Bariatric or weight loss surgery is a collection of procedures which are aimed at decreasing the body weight, surgically.
Before opting for this procedure, one must consider the following points:
• Are you morbidly obese?
• Have you already tried and failed miserably at different weight loss programs?
• Do you suffer from obesity related disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome etc.?
• Do you suffer from sleep apnea or poor sleep pattern which might be due to excessive weight?
• Does your family agree with you on this aspect?
• Does your doctor agree that this is the right path for you?
If the answer to most of these questions is yes, then you can/should go for this procedure. Bariatric Surgery could be Restrictive, Malabsorptive or Combination.
• Restrictive Surgery: After this surgery, the size of the stomach is shrinked or considerably reduced because of which a person’s satiety is reached much sooner and he/she doesn’t eat much.
• Malabsorptive Surgery: In this method, some parts of the digestive system may be rearranged or removed thereby limiting the body’s total calorie and nutrient requirements.
• Combination Surgery: Most of the Bariatric procedures followed are Combination type. Here both Reconstructive and Malabsorptive surgical techniques are incorporated.
Different procedures falling under Bariatric Surgery are:
• Gastric Bypass
• Gastric Banding
• Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal switch
• Vertical Banded Gastroplasty
• Gastric Sleeve Surgery
• Mini Bypass Gastric Surgery
• Trans Oral Gastric Volume Reduction
• TOGA System
• Endobarrier Endoluminal Lining
• Implantable Maestro System
These procedures can be performed either open or laparoscopically. Many surgeons still perform the open surgery where a large incision is made into the abdomen and then operated. This kind of surgery might cause some complications and the hospital stay is also very long, besides healing is also slow.
Whereas in the Laparoscopy, a few incisions are made through which a camera and surgical instruments can be passed to get a clear picture of the inside and for simultaneous operation. With this procedure, the hospital stay is considerably reduced and healing is faster. Unlike the Open method, here the scarring is also less. Based on your weight, medical history, lifestyle etc. your surgeon will decide the treatment path for you. One of the super specialty hospitals excelling in weight loss surgery is ADIVA having surgeons who are committed to provide a holistic weight loss treatment using minimal access techniques. The treatment protocol is aimed at fighting serious obesity ensuring long term weight loss results with total physical as well as psychological wellness.
Weight loss was never so easy. With super sophisticated techniques and highly experienced surgeons available today, one can get back that spark in life by getting rid of extra and highly stubborn fat and thereby entering a whole new world of confidence, self assurance and appealing personality.
Pooja Sharma - About Author:
Adiva group of hospitals is known for its state-of-the-art facilities and treatments. It is committed in providing world-class care to women of all ages. The main services extended by the hospital are Aesthetics, Stem Cell treatments, IVF, Birthing, Surrogacy and many more.
Published by Timeless Plastic Surgery on March 29th 2012 | Health
A patient deciding to undergo breast augme...
Published by Agnes Paul on January 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Nainynicole on April 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Amber Dorsch on January 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Godwin on July 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Mike Nicholson on April 17th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Agnes Paul on December 13th 2011 | Health
Published by Calina Grigorescu on December 17th 2011 | Weight Loss
Published by Torontofacialplastic on January 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Pitter James on December 16th 2011 | Health
Published by Belredcosmetic on April 26th 2012 | Health
Published by Ferzaad Moosa on April 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by RubyJones on February 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by John Sena on May 10th 2012 | Health
Published by Jamesalexjendra on April 20th 2012 | Weight Loss
Published by Nathan Jone on February 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Ferzaad Moosa on March 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Nathan Jone on June 18th 2012 | Health
Published by Jane Cyrus on March 28th 2012 | Health
Published by Nathan Jone on December 29th 2011 | Health