How to Choose a Dedicated Server Host
A type of internet hosting, a dedicated server offers you a powerful solution catering to your online business needs. It offers you a robust hosting environment for important e-commerce applications and complex websites. Dedicated hosting ensures complete control over your online presence and fast data access while accommodating high traffic volumes.
If you’re looking for a dedicated server, do you know how to choose the best provider? Your choice for the right dedicated server should depend primarily on your technical requirements, plans available, budget and business needs. When selecting a dedicated hosting provider, focus on finding a reliable, reputable and proven web hosting company for your long-term success.
Consider the following tips when shopping for a dedicated server for your business:
* Processor: Determine your requirement of the server. Find out how powerful of a server you need. This is particularly important for websites with SQL servers, CPU-intensive scripts, video-transcoding servers, or specialized servers.
* Memory: Determine your browsing requirement – how important is fast-loading for you? The more the RAM on your server, the quicker the speed of the server.
* Storage: Determine the data storage requirements of your website. With dedicated hosting, you have the option to choose multiple hard drives. If your website has highly sensitive data, you can use one hard drive as the primary one, with the others serving as back-up.
* Bandwidth: Determine your traffic requirement. Focus on the amount of data that can be transferred to and from your site within a particular period of time. A website having heavy traffic requires more bandwidth than those with fewer visitors. Further, if you are planning to run scripts, stream multimedia files on your site, or host high quality images, you need increased bandwidth capacity.
* Operating System: Consider which operating system you need. Find out whether a Windows or Linux dedicated server would work best for you. Your programming language will determine this choice. Generally speaking, a Linux dedicated server is more difficult to manage than Windows. Your dedicated hosting provider would offer professional advice for all hosting solutions.
Look for a dedicated hosting provider that offers 24/7 customer support to ensure any problem with your server is immediately addressed. You must choose a dedicated server provider that promises quick response times. Dedicated servers are associated with several costs, such as bandwidth fees, server costs, software license, setup fees, security, and upgrades.
>> What do you need from a web host?
Your budget should be the first factor to consider when you start looking for dedicated server options. You can get dedicated hosting plans in different price ranges, so you can choose the one that fits your requirements as well as your budget. Look for features such as free setup, an uptime guarantee, multi-channel customer support, and a flexible contract period. Once you’ve narrowed down your requirements, you’ll be in a better position to decide what type of dedicated hosting would work best for you.
Hostpulse - About Author:
HostPulse provides more than 3,000 hosting plans, ranging from cheap web hosting to unlimited web hosting, as well as review services, industry coverage, interactive online tools, and user reviews of web hosting companies.
Published by Sarwan on December 22nd 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Jacob M Taylor on December 16th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Peter D on December 19th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Kendrafowler on February 1st 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Smarty Rocky on July 3rd 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on April 18th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 19th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Kendrafowler on February 13th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Akhilesh Kumar Kaushik on July 25th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Leesa Rey on August 16th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on May 10th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ema Sis on May 8th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Genevieve Ackles on March 16th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Genevieve Ackles on March 22nd 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Philip Fransis on March 20th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on December 13th 2011 | Web Hosting
Published by Genevieve Ackles on February 29th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Devendra on January 3rd 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Ajay Kumar on February 16th 2012 | Web Hosting
Published by Larry Williams on December 31st 2011 | Web Hosting