Impressive Business Websites Get Massive Hits
From corporate to a jobless individual, everyone prefers to have a website at present. Apart from asking for your email addresses, people had started asking for website addresses. Having a website and maintaining it actively is not very difficult, all you need is a computer connected with a high aped internet service like Verizon FiOS Internet. For a small business, having a website is becoming mandatory to take the word out. In this article we will see some of the essentials that are needed to setup a small business website.
Key visitors to your commercial pages include web robots that crawl through the internet and catalog your content. Having proper HTML source code, plus the right combination of text and graphic presentation, is just one secret to success. Proper code may mean higher robot ratings, and the look or the template that you use is equally important. Once a new prospect finds your web site, you have 5 seconds to get them to stay in which you should impress them.
As a small business web site owner, you may have asked "Why do not we get any hits?" Did you know web pages can load and appear correct with improper or deprecated HTML code? A browser may ignore your mistakes, and display what it thinks you meant, and it may look great. Web robots may not be as forgiving as a browser. The simply reject improper HTML codes and at sometimes they may even ban a website permanently.
There are eight basic elements like Document Type Statement, Page Title, Proper HTML Code, META Description, Keywords, First Paragraph of the Home Page, An Extra Page of Just Links and Backlinks (external pages that are linking to your website) for good search engine placement that are needed to be considered in your design and web site promotion. For details on code issues from the worldwide authority, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website to know more about document types and other quality standards.
These eight key items are either missing or poorly designed in 85% of the websites. Some search engines may only list the other 15% in their directories. In other words, only 15% of the six billion web sites on the internet are making it into some search engines. Even worse, there are mistakes that may result in your page being blacklisted, and the search engine web crawlers may never come back to see if it is corrected. This could explain why you "never get any hits".
Web sites can be simple and professional without using fancy software to create your pages. Veteran programmers hand code and many create the HTML in standard Notepad application. Web authors who choose to use flash, frames, or the latest software may be losing a significant portion of new visitors (customers) because the visitor may lack the technology or newest version of browsers. If they are turned off and leave without giving your site a fair viewing, it could mean lost profits.
Most designers use prepackaged software to create web pages. If the software leaves out any of the key elements, the code is hidden, and you'll never know your site was not optimized for search engines. The designer may not know, or care, about these items as long as the page looks attractive. Note: Search engine algorithms vary by company, so some elements such as "an extra page of links" may not be as important today with some search robots. Backlinks refer to marketing your site and getting other web sites to link to yours.
Finally, business visitors want more information. They do not visit your home page to be entertained. Most have a requirement and want a fast solution, so designs should be created with minimal use of music or video unless that is your core business. Anything that distracts from a positive first impression may not give your repetitive visitors or traffic from search engines.
Mark D - About Author:
Being a freelance writer and active blogger, I never miss the opportunity to share my thoughts with rest of the world or source out some great deals on home services like the one offered by Verizon FiOS Internet. A simple website with clean style will always generate huge result when compared to multimedia rich website.
Published by Andrew on February 8th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Amory Alwyn on May 28th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Digitaladvert on August 1st 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Sam Johnson on February 1st 2012 | Web Design
Published by Steve Bud on December 7th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Jimmi Mark on April 24th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Pcmedia1 on May 28th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Eminent Socialmedia on May 22nd 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Puneet on May 11th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Jack Charles on March 19th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Manas Sadangi on March 17th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Alan on March 14th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Wsiyorkshire on June 21st 2012 | Internet Business