Features of WordPress as a free website development platform
WordPress is a freely available open source content management system. Basically it started off strictly as a blog publishing platform, but soon its simplicity and effectiveness was realized by the world and it started being used as a customized CMS for developing websites. Below, we shall discuss the various attributes of open source WordPress CMS.
1. Scalable website development via WordPress plugins - WordPress is based on the plug-in architecture, which means that different plugins can be used to increase the scope and functionality of the website. Plugins can be viewed as simple software fragments, which when added to the major broad software, contribute towards its scope. An example of the same could be Adobe flash player, which enables the users to view videos and other multimedia elements in the website.
2. Ecommerce website development with WordPress - talking about WordPress plug ins, we cannot really miss out on the ecommerce website development features being included in the latest WordPress 3.3, It has offered the users various tools for developing ecommerce websites and shopping cart integration plug ins. In todays time Ecommerce website development is vital for the business owners, and hence these plug ins make it an easy task for the corporate organizations to own a fully functional ecommerce portal.
3. Mobile support - WordPress has made available its native applications which can be availed for various mobile platforms. The native applications support Web OS and Android platform. Thus WordPress powered websites and blogs can be easily accessed and administered via various smart phones like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Tab, and BlackBerry etc.
4. Ease of use with WordPress widgets - WordPress widgets particularly are simple drag and drop modules, which make it a cinch for the WordPress developers to place a particular content in the CMS web design, and implement the same in the website. WordPress widgets enable the WordPress developers to add specific functionality in the website. Functionalities added by WordPress widgets are Facebook like box, and news slider etc, amongst the rest.
5. Multiple user and multiple blogging facility - Earlier WordPress installation would only support the development of a single blog etc. but with the arrival of WordPress 3.0, users can opt for multiple blogging every single installation. Users can also manage all of their blogs from the single WordPress dashboard.
6. Free WordPress themes - themes are required to give your website or web application a uniform and consistent look. The benefit of owning a WordPress powered website or blog is that it provides the users with a wide option of WordPress themes. These themes are available free of cost and then there is the option of premium themes as well.
However, if you wish to give your website or blog a unique treatment and require a fresh look for your website, you can anytime hire a WordPress developer who would develop the website for you from the scratch. Other than that you can opt for WordPress theme customization where a particular theme is customized as per your specifications. Thus, acquire the professional services to leverage your website or blog in the virtual world, with the help of WordPress development.
Mark Wilston - About Author:
PixelCrayons offers wordpress development & customization services along with theme design and integration service. Hire Professional Wordpress Developer for your project at Pixelcrayons.
Published by Blue Shark Solution on August 8th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Asitava Bose on January 17th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Boris Kotevski on December 30th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by FrankWillton on January 12th 2012 | Web Design
Published by LogicSpot on July 9th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Redball Infotech on June 1st 2012 | Web Design
Published by Terrypa Sencio on January 13th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Jerome Smith on June 2nd 2012 | Web Design
Published by Adam Parker on January 17th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Jayneel Patel on December 10th 2011 | Web Design
Published by Mark Wilston on March 27th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Kumaran1 on December 27th 2011 | Web Design
Published by Mark Wilston on March 19th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on May 24th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Anoop TU on March 29th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Alan Disha on February 23rd 2012 | Web Design
Published by Valuebound on August 13th 2012 | Web Design
To exist and sustain in the modern market, a business has to make its onl...
Published by Sana Shekh on December 10th 2011 | Web Design
Published by Adam Parker on April 4th 2012 | Web Design
Published by Mark Steven on January 16th 2012 | Web Design