Ski in La Plagne, Menuires or Tignes
Enjoy snow with a French twist
France is probably the top ski destination in Europe with its wide variety of resorts and excellent ski infrastructure. Each ski resort offers something unique, so you'll need to do your research and make the right selection. Even if you haven’t planned your ski holiday in advance, or changed your plans and dates at the last minute, don’t worry. The French Alps have enough resorts and ski destinations with last minute availability of holiday rental accommodation. You can find some excellent choices to ski in La Plagne enjoy a ski holiday in Menuires or book a ski apartment in Tignes and holiday in comfort.
Choose From Among the Best Ski Destinations in the World
If you’re planning a skiing holiday, France offers the broadest range of Alpine skiing opportunities anywhere in Europe. Choose from a variety of ski rental accommodations in Tignes, La Plagne and Menuires.
• Ski in La Plagne: Dominated by the mighty Mont Blanc, La Plagne is one of the most famous and exciting high altitude ski areas in the world. La Plagne offers skiing for all, with its 225 kilometres of slopes and a large off-piste skiing area including Bellecote's North Face. La Plagne is now linked to Les Arcs by the new cable car—the Vanoise Express. This means you can travel from one ski resort to another in just 4 minutes, at more than 380 metres above the valley.
• Ski in Tignes: Tignes is a high altitude resort in the heart of the French ski country (part of the Espace Killy ski area along with Val d'Isere). Tignes and the linked resort of Val d’Isere are exceptional; as you travel across the whole area, it is possible to go from one amazing descent to another with never a dull spot in between. Tignes really is snow-sure! The only time you may lose a day’s skiing is when there is too much snow.
• Ski in Menuires: Les Menuires is part of a massive lift-linked Les Trois Vallées ski area formed with the neighbouring resorts of Val Thorens, Meribel, Courchevel and La Tania. It has hundreds of kilometres of slopes to ski and explore. With over 400 snow cannons at the resort’s disposal, whenever the snowfall is not deep enough, Les Menuires can make its own snow. Les Menuires is known for its scenic natural beauty and the richness and diversity of its slopes.
Match Your Budget to the Perfect Ski Holiday in France
You can rent a variety of accommodations, ranging from luxury apartments with log fires to the more rustic Alpine chalets with ski-in ski-out convenience. You can either go with one of the catered chalet companies or other tour operators which provide package deals, or you can plan your holiday online yourself. It’s good to know how to choose between a ski chalet and a ski apartment?
• France has some of the most chic and designer chalets in the Alps. Perfect for friends and couples, luxury ski chalets are also perfectly suited for family holidays.
• Ski chalets offer impeccable service. You can be on the slopes all day with your friends or family while someone cooks your evening meal, provides breakfast and cleans the chalet while you are away.
• You can book a chalet as a self catered accommodation, and then "bolt on" extra services to suit your budget and requirements—from B&B to fully catered, and massages to supermarket food deliveries.
• If you want to book a comfortable yet budget-friendly skiing holiday in France, apartments for rent in the French Alps would be the ideal vacation rental for you.
• You can choose from various accommodation options, from simple non-serviced apartments to high-end 4 and 5-star hotels, depending on your needs and spending capacity.
• Apartment blocks are usually on the piste and very close to the skiing so there is no walking involved; facilities such as restaurants, supermarkets, bars and shops are close by too.
• At the budget end this type of ski accommodation can be cheap. They are purely functional with beds, a bathroom, a small kitchenette, a sofa, and a table and chairs.
If you fancy joining the fun, but haven’t booked a ski holiday yet, you’ll be glad to know you still can—especially if you aim for a resort with lots of skiing. Book a ski holiday online to avail large discounts by grabbing a last minute bargain. Your holiday companions will thank you for being the perfect planner as you group together and ski in La Plagne, Tignes, Menuires, or any other ski destination in France.
Julien Gattoni - About Author:
Rentalps is a single point reference to search, compare and book ski holiday accommodation in the French Alps for winter-sports holidays, including Ski in La Plagne, Menuires and Tignes. You needn’t sift through a large number of websites and travel brochures to find everything you want to know about Skiing Holiday Switzerland Whether booking in advance or last minute rentalps is here to help you.
Published by Mary Porter on June 22nd 2012 | Travel
Published by Warner on April 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Ajay Kumar on November 28th 2011 | Vacations
Published by Sadie King on February 22nd 2012 | Travel
Published by John Wood on January 5th 2012 | Travel
Published by Fiona Roy on April 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Ajay Kumar on January 30th 2012 | Vacations
Published by Johnvictor on February 24th 2012 | Travel
Published by Edmund Brunetti on December 23rd 2011 | Travel
Published by Venet Schill on December 8th 2011 | Vacations
Published by Larry Ghomes on January 12th 2012 | Travel
Published by John Kumar on December 17th 2011 | Travel
Published by Jesse Wallace on May 24th 2012 | Travel
Published by on May 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Sofia Jennie on January 4th 2012 | Travel
Published by Dan Valley on April 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by Kevin Thomas on February 13th 2012 | Travel
Published by Edmund Brunetti on December 23rd 2011 | Travel
Published by Mary Porter on June 25th 2012 | Travel
Published by Edmund Brunetti on November 25th 2011 | Travel