Enjoy Family Skiing Holidays in France.
Find the ideal resort to take your family and kids on a ski holiday
Family skiing holidays in France are great fun for all members of the family, from the oldest to the youngest! The French Alps have superb family friendly skiing and ski holiday resorts, from ski-chalets to apartments close to the ski slopes so you don’t waste time and effort in travelling there. Tignes, La Plagne and Menuires have child-friendly slopes, snowboarding, resorts with inclusive child-care and several off-slope activities for the entire family.
A family ski holiday in France will offer you the opportunity to relax, rest and have fun.
• Ski in La Plagne: La Plagne is made up of 10 'villages', most of which provide loads of ski-in ski-out accommodation making La Plagne great for family ski holidays. Each village is self-sufficient with shops, bars and restaurants. La Plagne offers skiing for all; beginners and intermediates are very well served while boarders and freestyle skiers have the choice of a 2.5 hectare snow park, a half pipe, and a fun park to whet their appetites.
• Ski in Tignes: Tignes is the perfect resort for a fantastic ski holiday in the Savoie region of the French Alps. With its fabulous selection of spacious, family-friendly holiday rental accommodation and its assortment of reputed ski schools, Tignes is a great place to start your family off on their first ski footings.
• Ski in Menuires: If you want to spend your family ski holidays in France, consider Les Menuires. Internationally known for the quality of its ski slopes, you can enjoy nature activities, shopping, spas and wellness centres for the complete family skiing experience.
Get the Most on a Family Skiing Holiday in France
With quiet slopes, plenty of fun activities and cheaper prices than the big-name resorts – even during holiday season – many small ski areas in Tignes, La Plagne and Menuires are ideal for families.
• In many destinations, children get free lift passes, and often free helmets too. Children have their own areas on slopes, and ski resorts provide creches and nannies.
• Based on the ages of your kids, you can choose from a wide variety of child-care and kids’ activities; serviced by English speaking staff.
• They have special ski-schools for kids and top-notch ski academies where patient instructors will make the rigours of skiing fun, pain-free, and rewarding.
• If your kids don't take to skiing or snow-boarding, they can try snow-shoe wildlife safaris, ice-skating, dog-sledding or tubing (sledging on inflatable tubes) or many more off-slope sports.
• You can leave older kids to ski a few runs by themselves on safe pistes that lead back to the resort centres and all accommodation. Snow scooter hires and in-house entertainment systems can keep teens busy when they’re not on the slopes.
• Many modern resorts have games rooms with Wiis, Playstations, snooker table and board games, kids' DVDs, pools, a weekly kids' activity day, free sledges and, for any “gourmands” in waiting, regular kids' cooking and "mocktail" mixing classes.
• You can choose family ski accomodation with a larger capacity, so if another family wants to join you, there will still be room.
Family skiing holidays are a fantastic experience for the whole family to spend time together, skiing, sledging or simply playing in the snow. Picking the right family ski resort and accommodation to match your family’s preferences and ski experience will ensure a successful family skiing holiday.
Julien Gattoni - About Author:
rentalps.com is the leading online search portal for holiday home rent in France. We can help you find quality ski holiday accomodation taking into consideration your budget and preferences. Choose from the best of convivial chalets and comfortable hotel rooms with access to splendid ski areas, snowfields and natural landscapes. Find and select the best deals, the best destinations and the best range of activities from a wide range of possibilities. We publish information on holiday accommodation offered by various agencies, holiday home rental companies and travel operators such as Interhome, Interchalet and Belvilla among others.
Published by Larry Ghomes on January 12th 2012 | Travel
Published by John Wood on December 28th 2011 | Travel
Published by John Wood on December 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by Sofia Jennie on January 4th 2012 | Travel
Published by SonomaSterling on May 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by Travel Accurate on June 19th 2012 | Vacations
Published by Sam Brandon on December 28th 2011 | Travel
Published by Fiona Roy on April 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Mary Porter on June 25th 2012 | Travel
Published by Dan Valley on April 26th 2012 | Travel
Published by John Wood on January 5th 2012 | Travel
Published by Ajay Kumar on December 12th 2011 | Vacations
Published by Celia on April 17th 2012 | Vacations
Published by Glyn Jones on December 4th 2011 | Travel
Published by Ajay Kumar on November 28th 2011 | Vacations
Published by John Kumar on December 17th 2011 | Travel
Published by Glyn Jones on November 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by on May 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Dan Valley on April 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by Carter Collins on January 24th 2012 | Travel