Article Side

Online Article Directory!

Hello Guest! Login or Register to submit articles!

USA Student Visa and K3 Visa

By Francis Subscribe to RSS | January 19th 2012 | Views:

USA student visa is for those who wish to study in the United States in a recognized college or university. While applying for USA student visa you should know that there are mainly three categories which include the following:

F1 student visa is for full-time students who want to study in USA and enroll in an academic program. F1 student may stay in the USA for the full length of his/her academic program plus another 60 days. You must maintain a full-time course load and complete your studies by the expiration date listed on the form. This visa is a multiple entry and cannot be issued to attend public elementary or publicly funded adult education programs.

M visa is non academic or vocational studies. It is appropriate for students who want to study at a non-academic institution in the United States.

J1 visa is for students needing practical training that is not available in your home country to complete your academic program. The training must be directly related to your academic program and this visa obligates you to return to your home country for a minimum of two years after the end of your studies before being eligible to apply for a permanent residence.

K3 visa is appropriate for spouse of US citizen residing outside of the United States. It allows the spouse to enter the US in non immigrant status to eventually adjust status to lawful permanent residency while in the US. K3 visa allow the spouse to travel in and out of United States as long as the visa is valid. To qualify for k3, you must be living outside of the US, be married to a US citizen and meet certain health and character requirements. The petition must be completed and submitted by your spouse and submitted to USCIS.

To obtain K3 status for your foreign spouse an immediate relative petition is filled by the US citizen with USCIS and also file the petition on behalf of the foreign spouse. If your marriage occurred abroad, a K3 visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. This visa gives you an opportunity of reuniting with your spouse in the US while waiting for the green card application to be processed. K3 visa allows you to take up employment in the US with an approved employment authorization and dependant children who are below 21 years may accompany you to the United States through k4 visa.

Francis - About Author:
Francis is a professional SEM/SEO,link builder and article writer who writes on different niches.

Share on Facebook Tweet It Stumbleupon this post This post is delicious !

Article Source:

Related Travel Tips Articles Subscribe to RSS

457 visa and Australia Visa
Published by Francis on January 13th 2012 | Travel Tips
457 visa is most widely used by Australian employers to recruit skilled workers from overseas to wor...
F1 visa and Work Visa USA
Published by Francis on November 25th 2011 | Travel Tips
F1 visa is granted to international students who want to attend an English language or academic stud...
K3 visa and US Work Permit
Published by Francis on December 22nd 2011 | Travel Tips
The k3 visa allows foreign spouse of an American citizen to enter the United States with the intenti...
Searching for a visa consultant in ahmedabad? Access yellow pages
Published by Rakesh Kalal on June 26th 2012 | Travel
Internet has always been a great pool of information for every kind of need. Right from the basic to...
Australian Working visa and Skilled Migration Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
Australian working visa allows international worker who wish to work in Australia to enter the count...
457 visa and Working Holiday Visa Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
The 457 visa is the common working visa that is designed to let employers in Australia sponsor overs...
Solve your visa problems with Immigration legal professional
Published by Wills Loren on February 16th 2012 | Travel We provide Immigration services most event planners have something directly to the...