Notice: Undefined index: aid in /home/idolain/ on line 2
Tier 1 Visa UK and Marriage Visa

Article Side

Online Article Directory!

Hello Guest! Login or Register to submit articles!

Tier 1 Visa UK and Marriage Visa

By Francis Subscribe to RSS | December 1st 2011 | Views:

Tier 1 visa UK allows you to work in the United Kingdom and is a good option for those who did not qualify for youth mobility visa. Tier 1 is a visa for choice for highly skilled migrants as it does not require a sponsoring employer in the UK. It allows you to live and work for 3 years after which you may apply for an extension of another 2 years. After 5 years of continuous work in the United Kingdom you may apply for an indefinite leave to remain. The tier 1 visa UK replaced the old highly skilled migrant programme (HSMP).

It is point based immigration and 95 points are required for you to qualify. Recent changes in UK immigration policy require that you have a master degree or PhD or recognized professional qualification to qualify for a tier 1 visa as verified by the national academic recognition information center for United Kingdom.

Other points for tier 1 visa UK includes the following:

You need to obtain 75 points based on your qualifications, previous earnings, United Kingdom work experience, and age, a further 10 points for your English language skills and another 10 points for available maintenance of funds. If you do not qualify for full 10 points for English skills and maintenance, you will not qualify even if you have scored the rest 75 points.

UK marriage visa enables you to apply for leave to enter the UK or leave to remain on the basis that you are married to a UK citizen or permanent resident who is settled in the United Kingdom. Initially marriage visa is issued for a 2 year period and after this you may apply for an indefinite leave to remain UK. In some cases settlement entry clearance may be granted allowing you to stay in the United Kingdom permanently, but this is applicable to a person who has been married and living abroad with their spouse for 4 years at the time they apply for entry to the UK. You must be 16 years and over and the partner with settled status must be 18 years and over.

To be eligible for a UK marriage visa partners must:

• Be legally married to each other and plan to live together on a permanent basis.

• You must have met each other before.

• You have sufficient funds to support yourselves without needing help from public funds.

• Have adequate accommodation for you, your spouse and dependant children to live without recourse to public funds.

Francis - About Author:
Francis is a professional SEM/SEO,link builder and article writer who writes on different niches.

Share on Facebook Tweet It Stumbleupon this post This post is delicious !

Article Source:

Related Travel Tips Articles Subscribe to RSS

Australian Working visa and Skilled Migration Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
Australian working visa allows international worker who wish to work in Australia to enter the count...
457 visa and Australia Visa
Published by Francis on January 13th 2012 | Travel Tips
457 visa is most widely used by Australian employers to recruit skilled workers from overseas to wor...
457 visa and Working Holiday Visa Australia
Published by Francis on February 10th 2012 | Travel Tips
The 457 visa is the common working visa that is designed to let employers in Australia sponsor overs...
Solve your visa problems with Immigration legal professional
Published by Wills Loren on February 16th 2012 | Travel We provide Immigration services most event planners have something directly to the...
Searching for a visa consultant in ahmedabad? Access yellow pages
Published by Rakesh Kalal on June 26th 2012 | Travel
Internet has always been a great pool of information for every kind of need. Right from the basic to...
K3 visa and US Work Permit
Published by Francis on December 22nd 2011 | Travel Tips
The k3 visa allows foreign spouse of an American citizen to enter the United States with the intenti...
F1 visa and Work Visa USA
Published by Francis on November 25th 2011 | Travel Tips
F1 visa is granted to international students who want to attend an English language or academic stud...