All about the legal billing software
Billing is a very important & is a tedious activity for a lawyer. Introducing the legal billing software to make the process systematic and finish early. Billing affair differs from firm to firm. They follow the guidelines of the state ethics and complete the billing process.
The legal time and billing software helps in sorting the bills and financial process in a systematic method. It saves time and with the advanced computerized technology & reduces the manual effort. Most lawyers usually operate on an hourly billing model. However, as clients grow the work load increases. A legal time and billing software is just what a busy lawyer needs to remain up to date on the accounts side without losing focus of his practice.
Other lawyers work on a permanent fee basis, in spite of the number of hours or days are involved in solving the case, with incidental expenses charged separately as they crop up with the progress of the case. In such cases too the law office billing software proves invaluable, keeping the fee separate from the various expenses that are all accounted separately. A lawyer can easily generate reports and print these for his and his client's convenience and for transparency in dealings.
Attorney time billing software:
To get the legal billing on time and proper tracking can be done with the Attorney time billing software. Other important functions of this software include;
• Client Advances: For retainer-based matters, the client retainer function handles client funds you receive prior to commencement of legal services.
• Billable Time Tracking: One or more lawyers and support staff in a firm typically work on a case. A billable time tracking function allows you to track billable time spent by each employee who works on a legal matter on any given day or week.
• Expense Tracking: A typical legal case incurs direct expenses such as court fees, witness fees, travel related expenses, etc. The expense tracking function allows you to record expenses for each legal matter as the expense are incurred.
• Bill Preparation: This function produces a variety of bill types (hourly, fixed fee, contingency, etc.) at a pre-determined interval, such as weekly or monthly.
• Payments Received: The payment function allows invoices to be paid from either client advances or newly received funds.
• Collection Support: This function auto-generates reminder letters for overdue invoices and supports your firm’s collection activities for delinquent accounts.
• Reports: The reports function produces a variety of reports for the purpose of administration, accounting, tracking billable time, bank reconciliation's, etc.
Ivon Lerdorf - About Author:
A comprehensive guide for law firms to understand, evaluate and select proper attorney billing software, law firm billing software, legal billing and accounting software, law office billing software, legal billing software.
Published by Roger Lopez on January 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Ruchi Roy on November 29th 2011 | Software
Published by Angel on July 17th 2012 | Software
Published by Paul on February 15th 2012 | Software
Published by Elan Technologies on January 2nd 2012 | Software
Published by James Blee on July 25th 2012 | Computer
Published by Merlinraj on August 22nd 2012 | Computer
Published by Anoop TU on April 12th 2012 | Software
Published by Alexs on June 27th 2012 | Software
Published by Jamessms on February 1st 2012 | Software
Published by Dany on February 7th 2012 | Software
Published by Coloprilreview on November 25th 2011 | Software
Published by Desiree on December 21st 2011 | Software
Published by Andrew Johnson on June 11th 2012 | Software
Published by Maria Warne on July 5th 2012 | Software
Published by Antony Wilmer on January 10th 2012 | Software
Published by Roger Lopez on February 10th 2012 | Software
Published by James Blee on May 15th 2012 | Software
Published by Maria Warne on July 24th 2012 | Software