WorldClassTV Launch: Using Skype Social Media to Supercharge Audience Connection! Part 4
In our previous article post, we presented the first five Top 10 Tips for creating a successful and effective social marketing Skype “Guest Expert” Interview. These included (1) creating a professional user name, (2) making positive first impressions, (3) maintaining eye contact, (4) putting your hands where your audience can see them and (5) practicing to fine-tune your presentation. In this article, the final installment of our four-part series, we shall explore the remaining five tips. Armed with this information, you can create media for your website or social marketing campaign that will engage a wider audience far more effectively, thus securing you greater and more sustained online interest.
Top 10 Tips for a Successful Social Marketing Skype “Guest Expert” Interview:
6. Social Marketing Tip: Remove Technical Challenges: Make sure you’ve got a wired connection if at all possible. Wireless connections tend to make lower video quality and connections tend to get dropped more easily. It is of utmost importance to ensure that your internet connection works properly during a social marketing Skype interview. It is difficult to have a discussion if the interviewer is unable to hear you due to technological difficulties and interruptions. The impression will be that you are unreliable.
7. Social Marketing Tip: Speak Slowly and Clearly: Slow down! It can be easy to talk over people on a Skype call so wait for the interviewer to stop speaking before you answer. This also gives you a few seconds to think about what you want to say before you speak. You can consider having headphones on to avoid getting playback from speakers, but if you turn the speaker volume down that will solve the problem in most cases. Also, set the sound on the microphone so that it’s not so loud that it creates static.
8. Social Marketing Tip: Assess Your Surroundings: Create a background to your social marketing video presentation that’s warm and inviting and not too busy or boring. Turn off your cell phone and make sure, whether you’re at home or at your office, that you let everyone know you are not to be disturbed. No kids or pets in the background! This comes across as unprofessional in your social marketing video.
9. Social Marketing Tip: Proper Lighting: Check the lighting in the room so that it’s adequate and not too bright or too dark. Lighting has a fundamental sub-conscious effect on people. If it’s too dark, the video can come across as sinister. Too light and your audience will not be impressed with the quality of the social marketing video. Make sure you are not sitting in front of a window and turn off any bright light sources directly behind you. What you should have for your social marketing video is some kind of lighting in front of you (behind your computer, behind your camera); preferably two task lights on either side of the computer/webcam. You will want to test the light to make sure it is flattering; bad lighting can accentuate facial lines and contours, making you appear far older and even quite intimidating. A lamp with a shade directly in front of you creates a nice soft glow and fewer shadows.
10. Social Marketing Tip: Dress For Success! On-camera dress tips for your social marketing video include:
(i) Avoid color extremes. Stay away from black, white, orange and red. Bright colors will flare or strobe on camera; that is, any motion will result in a smear across the screen. Opt instead for pastels and colors in the mid-range of the spectrum. These include gray, blue, brown, maroon, purple and forest green.
(ii) Avoid patterns such as checks, stripes, herringbone or plaid in your social marketing video. Patterns drive the camera crazy, creating a “vibrating” look. However, a very fine pinstripe on a gray or blue suit will work just fine.
(iii) If you wear jewelry, keep it minimal. Likewise, do not wear sequins or any metallic-looking material. These reflect light very easily. Keep the outfit you wear for your social marketing video simple. A jacket with an embroidered patch on one side is distracting. Also, stay away from shirts with logos and pictures.
(iii) Ties should have simple, solid colors. For women, bows are fine, but scarves should be avoided.
(iv) Make-up and lipstick is a simple matter: the more natural, the better. A basic color to help highlight the face is okay, but it should match the outfit. Loud colors, no matter how fashionable, are not a good choice for your social marketing video. Eye makeup should follow suit.
(v) The hairstyle you wear for your social marketing video is as important as the outfit. Simple haircuts are best. Longer hair should be pinned back or to one side (unless otherwise requested). Males should be clean shaven. For women, nail polish should be clear. You may be asked to wear face powder, which can be essential because studio lights can cause a facial sheen of perspiration. Shiny areas on the face – hot spots – will reflect light as much as any jewelry.
A Final Note from WorldClass on Your Social Marketing Video
A successful social marketing video can work absolute wonders for your website retention rates and in many cases, is the catalyst that leads to greater online interest, lead conversions and sales. If you’re interested in creating your social marketing Skype video with us, don’t hesitate to contact Kendell Lang, founder and CEO of WorldClass.
Noel Linda - About Author:
Lena Evans is a professional blogger who discusses few tips here in this article about social marketing procedures. Social video marketing is one of the best ways to promote anything with quality.
Published by Tony Bryan on April 20th 2012 | Seo
Published by Wildnet Technologies on April 26th 2012 | Seo
Published by JohnAlina on November 30th 2011 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on May 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blunt on November 25th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Wsiworld on July 2nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 28th 2011 | Seo
Published by Jackfarnklin on March 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Henrica Hopman on May 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Will Boucher on April 30th 2012 | Seo
Published by Cody Rhodes on January 11th 2012 | Seo
Published by Andrew Wilkinson on April 16th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Julia Bennet on January 25th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Gaurav Solanki on November 29th 2011 | Seo
Published by Dinesh Sarabhai on August 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Burt Collins on February 24th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Willam Scot on March 17th 2012 | Seo
Published by Verzdesign1 on February 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on June 28th 2012 | Seo