Why Videos are Vital in your SEO Campaign
With Google’s 'Universal Search' results now integrating videos, photos, news results and more into the one results page, videos are on Google’s SERPs to stay.
Nowadays, Google considers several ranking metrics in crawling your site. These include page quality, relevance and keyword instances. Google is also known to put more value on long stays user's Time On Page. And multimedia objects like videos are known to add value to all of these metrics.
SEO Benefits of Adding Videos on your Site Pages
• Increase user's Time On Page. Visitors watching videos stay longer than others, increasing a user's Time On Page, an important indicator of page quality.
• Get you highly rank on SERPs. Nowadays, video have quickly claimed a valuable real state value within search results following Universal’s launch. Now, one can see video thumbnails on the upper zone of Google’s search results. And sometimes, these videos are seen to have taken up as much space as the top organic text results.
Moreover, having a video will increase your chance of getting a page one listing on Google 53 times as there is still much less competition for video pages.
• Increase Linking Power. Search Engine Optimisation Experts observed that there are many users that are more likely to link to a site or blog that contains multimedia content.
Having hosted your video on sites like YouTube, Daily Motion, Metacafé and Vimeo will help you get more views as well as gain more link building opportunities. You can also be able to add links to your credits either as part of your profile or in the video description field.
• Adds Competitive Edge. Videos have also been observed to have helped websites stand out on the SERP with the addition of a video thumbnail. For instance, Zappos had tossed out about 50,000 product description videos in a single year, which had been said to be the cause of the doubling of their linking root domains.
• Adds relevance. Google crawls pages to look for signals that would indicate that the page content is related to a given query. By having a great video and equally optimized images and text, you will be sending Google better algorithmic signals that will enable you to be easily crawled by Google as well as provide Google a little extra description of what your site is all about. This will also provide you another chance to target the keywords you're after.
• Increase your Stickiness. It has been consistently indicated by Google that its current algorithm is making use of time spent on a page from a click as an indicator of page quality. And according to a study by Comscore, average people stayed two minutes longer on a website when they watched video.
Thus, one of the indicators of a lower quality page is having a high bounce rate or ‘short click’ while, having a ‘long click’ or more time spent on a page identifies that your page has a better page to show a searcher.
Audreyabbey - About Author:
Premium SEO Solutions an australia seo, that has a team of work-efficient search engine optimization expert that will provide you with cost-effective search engine optimization service tailored to your business needs.
Published by Ema Sis on January 3rd 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Tony Bryan on June 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on July 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ashraf on December 31st 2011 | Seo
Published by Elan Technologies on February 17th 2012 | Seo
Published by Terry Littrell on June 15th 2012 | Seo
Published by Jamessms on January 20th 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on January 20th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 19th 2011 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 9th 2011 | Seo
Published by Minus_1 on April 19th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Dany on July 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Alex Franklin on March 15th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 7th 2011 | Seo
Published by Dimpy Jose on December 19th 2011 | Seo