SEO Strategies to Prevent Over-Optimization Penalty
Google is now penalizing over search engine optimized websites as revealed in an interview recently by Matt Cutts, Head of Google Webspam Team.
According to Matt Cutts, Google is now having on the works a search ranking penalty algorithm that is designed to penalize sites that are “over-optimized” or “overly SEO’ed.”
To be released in the next month or few weeks time, the search engine optimization penalty is intended to “level the playing field,” creating balance and giving sites that provide quality content a better shot at ranking above sites that have low quality content but are highly SEO optimized.
Now, Google bots will now be able to be even much smarter and are able to track websites that are over optimized, making Google’s search results more accurate and valuable to its users.
Tips on How to Avoid Over-Search Engine Optimization Penalty
• Do not Overstuff your Keywords. If you are doing excessive keyword stuffing in your website pages like repeating keywords many times, you are over optimizing your website. Make sure that you don't over stuff your keywords in title tags, URLs, and inbound anchor text as Google seems to pay a lot of attention to these 3 SEO elements when done in combination. When all of these 3 areas are at harmony with each other on a really over-optimized basis, there tends to be a decrease in rankings based on some SEO experts’ personal experience.
• Stop Doing excessive Link Exchanges. Avoid too many link exchanges, especially with links not relevant to your site’s content. Make sure to make a separate specific relevant list for your site-wide blog roll and a separate page with links to other sites.
Moreover, do not link to pages that have no strong conversion (weak content) that you are trying to rank for or that your visitors have no interest in visiting.
• Create High Quality and Original Content. Providing unique and valuable content on your website can give you the opportunity to create something that people actually do want to link to, helping you gain more natural backlinks and also increase your search engine rankings.
Moreover, if you want to get high ROI, start creating content regularly. Create a content calendar and set a schedule, either it be daily, weekly, or monthly, and stick to it in writing for your content calendar. In this way, you're creating new opportunities regularly when Google crawls those pages. Moreover, you're also creating new freshness signals for Google as well as having the opportunity to link back to your old material. By creating new content and linking back to yourself, you're telling Google that these old pages are still relevant.
• Use Different Anchor Text Combinations. When you’re building backlinks for your website from various sources, make sure to use anchor text in different combinations. It is considered a good SEO Strategy when you make use of several keyword variations in your anchor text to make them look natural to Google bots.
• Do not Over-Optimize your Linked Profiles. Nowadays, Google is cracking down on linked networks, low quality links. As announced by Google, administrative links will be devalued. This means that sites that are related to each other which interlinks to each other is considered over-optimizing. These sites will be facing a penalty.
Audreyabbey - About Author:
Premium SEO Solutions, a trusted australia seo company, that has a team of work-efficient search engine optimization experts that will provide you with cost-effective search engine optimization service tailored to your business needs.
Published by Nelson on January 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 20th 2011 | Seo
Published by Offshoregeeks on February 22nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Kevin Nash on December 17th 2011 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on June 7th 2012 | Seo