SEO Alert: Google tweaks its algorithms
This last month itself Google incorporated 40 changes in its algorithm. If you are an SEO company, it is essential that you are aware of these changes, so that you can utilise them to your optimum benefit and become the leading providers of the best solutions for SEO in Melbourne. To help you stay the number one SEO Company Melbourne, we bring to you the main changes that the search engine giant has incorporated in its algorithm.
• Improved local results: This algorithm has been tweaked to provide better and reliable local results pertaining to the user’s city.
• Spam update: Google has updated all its spam protections to remove any weaknesses, it had previously.
• SafeSearch update: With new tweaks in the algorithms, it is less likely that you will be posed with any adult content when SafeSearch is on.
• Link Analysis: The traditional method adopted by Google for link evaluation and analysis has undergone a change. In fact, Google has done away with its link analysis method that it was using for the past several years.
• Panda update: This launch refreshes data in the Panda system, thereby making the data more precise and sensitive to any recent changes on the web.
• Account settings page Refresh: To make the account settings page consistent with the rest of the search engine’s design features, this page has also been given a visual refresh.
• Turkish weather search: Google’s Turkish users will be presented with the Turkish weather forecast right on the results page with more frequency and accuracy.
• Elimination of redundancy: With the use of new signals to detect topics spiking in popularity, Google now has tweaked its systems to reduce redundancy and provide popular spiking results as quickly as possible.
• Coverage of News Universal: Google has fixed a bug that caused News Universal results to not appear in instances when Google’s testing would indicate they’d be very useful.
• English spell corrections: Google has tweaked its algorithms to improve the spelling correction quality in English, especially in instances involving rare queries.
• More coverage for related searches: This new algorithm enables new data source to help generate the “Searches related to” section, thereby increasing coverage significantly.
• Expanded sitelinks: Expect more relevant sitelinks for search results by eliminating the use of categorizer for expanded sitelinks.
• Reduction in duplication: The algorithms have been readjusted to reduce duplication in expanded links.
• Consistent thumbnail sizes.
• YouTube: Improvement in rankings for prediction of YouTube searches to provide more relevant local searches.
• Accuracy in official pages: The algorithms have been refined to provide accurate and more relevant official page identifications.
• Per-URL country information: The country associations for URLs have been updated to use more recent data.
• Expansion of images index in Universal Search: This has helped and enabled Google in providing more relevant images on a larger set of searches.
• Autocomplete policy algorithms: This improvement continues Google’s pursuit to refine the algorithms to implement these policies for offensive and inappropriate terms.
• “Site:”: Google has improved the ranking for queries using the “site:” operator by increasing the diversity of results.
• SafeSearch in Image Search: A more refined search with lesser chances of finding adult content when one conducts an Image search with SafeSearch.
• Interval based history tracking for indexing: This tweaking has changed the signals Google uses in document tracking algorithms.
• Foreign language synonyms: This change involves finding relevant pages that include synonyms for the search query terms.
• Disabling two old fresh query classifiers: This improvement disables two old classifiers related to query freshness.
• Google Korea: This improvement involves more organised search results for Korea with search results being classified into news, blogs and homepages.
• Newer images: Expect Google search results to provide fresher images with every search result.
• Google bar: The drop-down Google menu bar has been replaced with a consistent and expanded set of links running across the top of the page.
• Three new languages: Google has added Portuguese, Dutch and Italian languages for crypto 404 pages i.e. pages that return valid text to a browser but the text only contains error messages, such as “Page not found.”
• Travel-related searches: Google has refined its Flight search feature to provide users with more accurate and reliable search information related to flights and travel.
• Data Refresh: This update refreshes the model Google uses to generate refinements to the “Searches related to” section, leading to more relevant queries to try.
• International launch of shopping rich snippets: Google has improved its algorithms to provide users across the globe with sites that are likely to have the most relevant product for their search needs, highlighting product prices, availability, ratings and review counts.
Understanding these minor tweaks will play a key role in all search engine optimization (SEO) strategies. It is now even more important to focus on the right keywords and creating the most relevant content to enhance one’s rankings on Google. The key focus will be quality over quantity for every SEO company.
While this is only the beginning of the year and with Google planning more than 500 changes, you, the SEO company, can expect to be on your toes throughout the year to utilise this medium and its new features to become the best provider of SEO in Melbourne.
Arrow Internet - About Author:
Jasmine and Anup Batra, the founders of the company "Arrow Internet Marketing" have extensive experience in SEO, advertising, online marketing, web application development and website optimisation services. With the marketing environment undergoing a change, conventional methods like telemarketing and direct mail are no longer providing the competitive edge.
Published by Tony Bryan on April 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 31st 2011 | Seo
Published by Merry Smith on March 26th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on May 5th 2012 | Seo
Published by Kaisar on January 10th 2012 | Seo
Published by Temple Young on February 22nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Alvinbernard on December 15th 2011 | Seo
Published by Henrica Hopman on May 23rd 2012 | Seo
Published by Tony Bryan on June 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by Chris Wilson on April 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Lucille Lans on May 19th 2012 | Seo
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on February 2nd 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Webmaster on February 11th 2012 | Seo
Published by Ram Shrma on June 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Sitikantha Pattnaik on December 14th 2011 | Internet Business
Published by Grozea Alina on November 25th 2011 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 31st 2011 | Seo
Published by Blue Shark Solution on August 8th 2012 | Internet Business
Published by Gaurav Solanki on November 29th 2011 | Seo
Published by Megan on June 12th 2012 | Seo