How to Evaluate a Quality Blog for Guest Posting
Guest Blogging has been one of the great means of engaging with new readers, establishing yourself as a leader or an authority as well as of getting quality inbound links.
Unfortunately, not all blog posts are of quality and with engagement and linking with sites that are of low quality carry less SEO value and give no interest to the community. So it's very crucial that you do guest blogging on quality blogs for you to get a positive return on your investment.
Here is a checklist on how to evaluate a quality blog for guest posting:
1. Quality of Blog Posts. Check if the posts make use of compelling and clear headlines and provide useful and informative content to readers. Read and find out if they are free of grammar and spelling mistakes.
Find out also if they add enticing images, make use of section subheadings in breaking down chunks of text, and calls to action. All of these features are absolute elements of high-quality posts.
2. Social Media Shares. Make sure that in each blog post, there are sharing buttons like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Digg and other social media buttons that are prominently-displayed and strategically positioned.
Find out if the readers are helping in recommending the blog contents via social network sharing buttons. Check the total number of people who have shared or liked, retweeted and +1'ed the past ten posts as an additional supplement to evaluate and measure the blog's level of engagement.
3. Engagement of Readers. Find out if the site visitors are genuinely interacting with the blog posts in a substantive way. Look at the comments, if there are only few or scarce, this may indicate that the community is weak and inactive, which in turn would be unlikely of help to you in promoting your content and providing feedback. On the other hand, a comment section overrun with spam and irrelevant remarks will put onto question the commitment of the blog owner in maintaining high-quality dialogue. So, review the past 10 posts to find out if whether people are posting meaningful comments.
4. Number of Blog Subscribers. In general, one great alternative in determining whether the blog contains quality and engaging content is the high number of RSS and email subscribers. You can check it through looking at its Feed Burner count.
5. Profile of Backlinks. Find out the number of people linking to the main blog homepage, as well as the individual posts. If the number of inbound links is high, then again, it is a good indicator that there are other people who perceive the blog to be a reliable and quality source of information, specifically the type of blog where you’d want to feature your own content. To check its backlinks, you can use SEOmoz’s free Open Site Explorer. Ideally, you should focus on getting your post featured on a well-established blog in your niche to help you get more natural backlinks.
Overall, to get the maximum return on your investments, make sure that you guest blog on quality sites that have a strong and high numbers of readers who are posting meaningful comments and sharing the site’s content to others via the site’s sharing buttons. Make sure also that there is a high number of email subscribers, the posts are of high quality contents, and there is a high number of people linking to the main blog homepage, and the individual posts as well.
Published by Anthony Mckeown on April 25th 2012 | Seo
Published by Alena on January 18th 2012 | Seo
Published by Dharma on June 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on November 29th 2011 | Seo
Published by Jims Campbell on April 28th 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on February 21st 2012 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 13th 2012 | Seo
Published by Will Boucher on January 2nd 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 31st 2011 | Seo
Published by Willam Scot on April 12th 2012 | Seo
Published by on April 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Nelson on January 16th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on December 17th 2011 | Seo
Published by Julia Roger on January 4th 2012 | Seo
Published by Robert King on January 7th 2012 | Seo
Published by James Blee on December 23rd 2011 | Seo
Published by Ricky Martin on June 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Jackfarnklin on March 27th 2012 | Seo
Published by Anthony Mckeown on March 14th 2012 | Seo
Published by Megan on June 12th 2012 | Seo