Exclusive Listing Agreement with Real Estate Agents or Property Brokers
The current real estate brokerage scenario offers few property options to buyers even when there is lot of inventory available in the market. The prime reason for the same is that real estate brokers or real estate agents do not share their listings with the other agents in the market. As a result, the seller gets fewer genuine buyers for his requirements and so has a lesser chance of liquidating his property faster and at a right price. There is also a fear of being eliminated from the entire transaction by not being able to track the buyer and seller. A simple solution to this problem is working on an exclusive listing arrangement with the seller.
Why an Exclusive Listing Agreement?
1. An exclusive listing generally results in a higher selling price. When the agent feels that his time and money investment is relatively safe, he will take his time to negotiate or turn down offers as he deems appropriate. As a result, he works more closely with the seller to do the transaction and get the right price.
2. An exclusive listing allows the agent to place a yard sign. With 60% of the buyers coming from yard signs, you want a sign on your yard! The agent will not place a sign without an exclusive listing agreement, as he could be working for no compensation for his efforts. A real estate agent will then essentially receive calls on behalf of you, will work on staging the property to showcase it to buyers and will make all possible efforts to sell it at the right price.
3. An exclusive listing allows the agent to invest more in advertising. When you grant the agent an exclusive listing agreement, she can invest more in advertising as the investment will be relatively safe. Otherwise, she would rather invest money somewhere else. More advertising will lead to more buyers and then these more buyers lead to better price for the property.
4. An exclusive listing gets more agents to work for the seller. With an exclusive listing agreement you are giving the agent the freedom to share your listing with as many agents as possible. Your property actually has more – not less – exposure with an exclusive agreement. Further, as it gets exposed to more agents, the chances of it attracting the right real estate buyers also increase.
5. An exclusive listing keeps you better informed. The agent is committed to providing you first class service and keep you better informed throughout the steps of the transaction. Information is power, and you should have as much information as possible. The agent will act as a true real estate consultant and will ensure that the transaction goes through smoothly.
Thus, the seller and the real estate consultant should work in close co-ordination and cooperate in order to ensure that they get the best price for the property that the seller owns. Instead of the seller working on the property himself as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO), he should search for a good agent who can work on his behalf.
Aashil Patel - About Author:
Sahil Shah is currently the Regional Manager of RE/MAX Mumbai-Gujarat-Maharashtra. He is responsible for the franchise sales and development for the RE/MAX network under this capacity. He has been instrumental in the growth that RE/MAX has witnessed in the last few years in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. He has also completed international certifications like Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) in the last 2 years.
Sahil is an engineer from L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad and has completed his M.B.A. from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 91672 13330
Published by Sadie Rad on April 16th 2012 | Finance
Published by Angie Turner on May 25th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Macrobusinesscapital@gmail.com on November 25th 2011 | Finance
Published by Becky on March 14th 2012 | Finance
Published by Johnny Harman on December 2nd 2011 | Real Estate
Published by Kiersten Jeffery on December 5th 2011 | Real Estate
Published by Jinny Rios on July 18th 2012 | Finance
Published by Macrobusinesscapital@gmail.com on January 21st 2012 | Finance
Published by Merchant Cash on March 29th 2012 | Finance
Published by Mike Nicholson on April 19th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Kiya Mateo on January 20th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Jazmin Judah on December 27th 2011 | Real Estate
Published by Nelson on January 23rd 2012 | Finance
Published by Sanchita Kumari on June 27th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Mike Nicholson on March 20th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Matthew Anthony on February 23rd 2012 | Finance
Published by Nelson on March 14th 2012 | Finance
Published by Macrobusinesscapital@gmail.com on February 3rd 2012 | Finance
Published by Mitt on May 19th 2012 | Real Estate
Published by Macrobusinesscapital@gmail.com on December 10th 2011 | Finance