How to Reduce your Videos Production Costs
Video is becoming increasingly popular with Internet users. Last year saw online video usage in the USA up by 88%, with a total of 21.4 billion videos being viewed. The upward trend in video usage is likely to continue, especially as many new generation mobile phones come bundled with video functionality.
Given the increased popularity of online video, it is not surprising that more and more companies are looking to harness the power of this exciting medium to engage their customers. However, the growing popularity of video has also meant an increase in competition between content providers to supply the market with new and innovative viewing material. This not only applies to entertainment videos but to product videos too.
For the small to medium sized company looking for that ground breaking visual concept which will send their video into the viral stratosphere, the increased competition for innovative viewing material brings with it a number of issues. The most notable of these issues are related to time and creative resource allocation. That is why most companies with a limited budget outsource their video projects to a video production company.
While outsourcing video projects to a production company makes commercial sense, many companies overlook the things they should be doing to minimize their outsourcing costs. For example, below are five things that your company can do to keep its video project budget within acceptable limits.
1. Setup a video project team to liaise with your chosen video producer. Your project team should look to provide the video producer with all the necessary research data pertaining to your online video. Research costs time and money and is best done in house. No one knows your product or service better than you or your employees.
2. Determine your potential viewers’ demographic – are they teenagers, city wiz kids or homemakers? Remember, there is no such thing as a general audience. Your product or service has been designed for a specific market niche, and your video project should reflect this.
3. Checkout your competitors’ videos to see how they’ve approached the market with their visual offerings. You are not looking to emulate your competitors - you are simply looking to go one better.
4. Decide upon the best delivery platform for your video. Will your video be used at a conference, in store demonstration, on your website, part of an email marketing campaign or will it be uploaded to a video sharing website?
5. Request proposals and competitive bids for your project from at least three video producers. When requesting proposals from video producers make sure you give them an outline of what you want your video to achieve. Bidders should submit references and testimonials along with their proposals.
Armed with the above information your company will be in a better position to manage its video project costs, effectively saving time and money.
Contrast Design - About Author:
Contrast Design offers a complete corporate video production solution, using fresh creative ideas tailored to your company’s exact requirements. We provide support through all steps of the video production process, from creating the initial project plan to helping you make the most of your video after the launch, saving you time and money.
Our expertise goes way beyond video production; our team members all have solid digital marketing, technical experience and business backgrounds. We don’t just work for you; we work with you ensuring our video solutions meet all your business objectives.
Published by Marketingspace on June 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on April 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on January 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Edmund Brunetti on March 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Crowin Smith on February 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Laptop Repair on March 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Genevieve Ackles on December 31st 2011 | Business
Published by Richard on August 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Kumari Ankita on January 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Epixeltechnologies Tech on December 1st 2011 | Business
Published by Ankita Gupta on December 30th 2011 | Business
Published by Seolncr on February 28th 2012 | Business
Published by Oz Chill on February 8th 2012 | Business
Published by Ankita Kumari on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Ademholt on July 11th 2012 | Business
Did you know setting up and offshore company can le...
Published by JNT Developers on December 9th 2011 | Business
Published by Bicyclesuk on April 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Kumari Ankita on December 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Charles Brinkman on April 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Snooozy on March 14th 2012 | Business