The British Early Years Foundation Stage
The British Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum offers children an early start by imparting education via play in a safe and structured environment. British nurseries in Dubai often incorporate this technique as it provides an early start which helps the child learn way in advance when compared to other systems of education worldwide. This curriculum more importantly gives children a head start before they begin with their school education.
This very head start in terms of education helps children between the ages of 3.5 - 5 years prepare themselves for school education.
The British Early Years Foundation Stage is a broad based curriculum with five primary focus areas:
• Social and Emotional Development: This area focuses on helping children develop social skills whilst gaining knowledge about the environment around them. This very knowledge is imparted using encounters, creatures, people, plants and objects in ‘real-life’ situations and undertaking practical experiments.
• Communication, Language and Literacy: Early education introduces children to the English language at an early age giving them the confidence to understand, listen and speak.
• Problem solving, Reasoning and Numeracy: This area focuses on helping the child understand first hand and help them to learn through trial and error which automatically pushes reasoning principals within their little developing minds.
• Physical Development: Helps children become active and interactive; improving their skills of control, manipulation and movement; using all their senses to learn about the world around them; the importance of physical activity and healthy eating choices.
• Creative: This area helps children explore and share their thoughts, ideas and feelings, in a variety of art, music, movement, design and technology disciplines, through imaginative and role play based activities.
The Kensington Nursery in the UAE is well-versed with the fact that the pre-school years are the most important stages in a child’s life. This is in terms of both personal and social development, which is why they have created a stimulating environment where every child can develop their self-esteem and through responsible independence, have the confidence to investigate new experiences and expand their horizons.
To know more about The Kensington International Nursery in Dubai and their approach to early education, kindly visit them online at: http://www.thekensingtonnursery.com/
Juliette Winser - About Author:
Juliette Winser is the Public Relations Manager of The Kensington Nursery. The Kensington Nursery is managed by Jane Gammage, a dedicated and seasoned educator with more than a decade's experience in education and the British Early Years Foundation Stage. Jane is supported by our international team of teachers and teaching assistants, all of whom hold relevant vocational qualifications. she enjoys yielding ideas on topics such as Nursery in Dubai, Nursery UAE, Children’s nursery Dubai.
Published by Arun Rathore on June 19th 2012 | Education
Published by Juliette Winser on December 27th 2011 | K-12 Education
Published by Little Millennium on August 23rd 2012 | K-12 Education
Published by Bryan Neal on August 13th 2012 | K-12 Education
Published by CAROLYN NORTON on August 8th 2012 | K-12 Education
Published by BETH SILVA on August 7th 2012 | K-12 Education
Published by LYNN OSBORNE on August 1st 2012 | K-12 Education
Published by Nitin on July 18th 2012 | K-12 Education