Travel Insurance for a Stress-free Holiday
You have planned all the details of your vacation abroad, but are worried about the unexpected. Trip and hotel cancellations, unexpected calamities in the country you’re traveling to, a medical emergency, baggage loss and so on are fears that can destroy your peace of mind. That’s why you need travel insurance. It can protect you against unexpected circumstances and help you enjoy a stress-free holiday.
Getting Travel Insurance Saves Money
Getting travel insurance saves you money in the long run. You would be reimbursed if your trip was suddenly cancelled. It would also cover you in medical emergencies or if you were to lose your baggage. The insurance company or the administrator pays the claims directly so you don’t feel the pinch. You can go in for a plan with many benefits or one that offers less. This means you can choose a plan to fit your budget.
Types of Travel Insurance
• Trip cancellation insurance: If you had to cancel your trip due to unavoidable reasons like an illness, you can cover the financial losses that occur with cancellation insurance. It will pay for the non-refundable travel costs that you have already incurred for your trip such as airline tickets, resort bookings, safari tour packages. You can opt for a plan that offers just basic coverage or one that offers comprehensive coverage.
• Trip delay insurance: Similar to cancellation insurance, trip delay insurance provides coverage if you or a member of your group cannot travel as planned due to specific covered reasons.
• Medical evacuation insurance: This is coverage for medical costs and evacuation services for transport to the nearest medical facility or to another country with better medical facilities, and back home, if specified in the plan.
• Lost baggage travel insurance: Baggage loss is now quite common when you are traveling and that’s why it’s highly advisable to leave your valuables at home. Insurance for lost baggage pays for stolen, lost or damaged personal items. What is covered and what is not can differ from policy to policy. As the coverage is typically for the duration of the trip, it is not just for baggage mishandled or lost by the airline.
• Supplier default insurance: If your hotel, airline or travel agent had to close down business, supplier default insurance pays for any money you lose on this account.
• Travel medical insurance: An unexpected accident or illness when you are traveling can prove extremely expensive. You could have a health insurance plan in your own country, but usually its coverage does not extend to travel abroad. A robust plan would allow you to access doctors and hospitals in several countries.
Many Travel Insurance Vendors
There are many travel insurance vendors offering all types of coverage. Before you plan your vacation, contact a professional insurance broker for advice on the coverage you would need. A proper travel medical insurance plan can ensure you peace of mind and a stress-free holiday.
Tracy McManamon - About Author:
Tracy McManamon is a health and travel insurance consultant from Ohio with over 22 years of experience. He represents leading travel medical insurance companies that offer a range of comprehensive and affordable plans.
Published by Robmarshall on March 28th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Ahmadgill on January 17th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Jameshaven on March 16th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Kaisar on January 2nd 2012 | Insurance
Published by Mbrewster on March 25th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on March 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Katiehomles on February 25th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on February 4th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Gregorypeck on March 20th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Ronnie Brain on January 16th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on January 18th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Lessardcasey on March 28th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Anneshirley on April 12th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on December 14th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Herry Smith on February 13th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Harrisonford on April 12th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Alabamaauto Insurances on January 17th 2012 | Finance
Published by Jerry on March 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Chris Luke on April 24th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andy Robert on December 27th 2011 | Insurance