The Top 10 Questions Every Traveler Asks
When getting ready to go on a trip it is smart to start asking questions about the travelers insurance you have and how it will affect you and your family. By doing this, you will be completely prepared to go on your trip and know exactly what will and will not be covered. Because people travel frequently, there are some questions about travel insurance that get asked more often than others. I would like to inform you of the top ten questions that every traveler asks and what the answers are.
1. “Doesn’t my credit card have travel insurance?”: Although we all would wish the answer to this would be yes; unfortunately no, your credit card does not have travel insurance. If it does provide even a little bit of travel insurance, it is not going to cover you in the areas of “medical expense or evacuation coverage”.
2. “Won’t my regular health insurance cover me abroad?”: Although some health insurance companies may cover some things, while you are traveling abroad, a majority of your medical expenses will not be covered. And your major medical expense if something happened would be your evacuation which no regular health insurance company will cover.
3. “Will my cruise line refund me?”: The way that most cruise companies work is that they usually refund you up to about two weeks before you leave for the trip. Unfortunately though they will not be giving you back a full refund no matter when you cancel, and once you are only two weeks away you will receive no money back if you cancel.
4. “Are hurricanes covered?”: When purchasing your travel insurance make sure hurricanes are listed on the insurance companies “covered reason for cancellation”. A lot of times if a hurricane is already expected to take place somewhere you will not be able to buy travel insurance if you are traveling to that location.
5. “Are pre-existing conditions covered?”: To many people’s surprise, pre-existing conditions can be covered. Usually for a pre-existing condition to be covered though you have to have a waiver stating you do not have that condition any more. You must follow these guidelines: “1. Buy your plan soon after you first trip payment, 2. Insure for the full trip cost, 3. Be medically cleared for travel at the time of purchase”.
6. “What does travel insurance cost?”: The cost of travel insurance can vary a lot depending on the type of coverage you are looking for, and how many people you will be covering with the plan. One easy way to look at it though for figuring out how much your travel insurance will cost personally, is to figure it will cost about “4-8% of the trip cost”.
7. “When should I purchase my plan?”: As soon as you know that you are taking a trip and especially once you have already started putting money down for the trip, you should be purchasing travel insurance and medical evacuation insurance.
8. “How do I know I can trust the company?”: That is a great question! Make sure you do research before purchasing the insurance through the company. See how many years of experience the company has. Do they have many complaints? If they do have complaints what are they about? By doing your research and talking to others about the experiences they have had with travel insurance companies, you will begin to narrow down your search and purchase through the company you feel most comfortable with.
9. “What is the refund policy?”: Although it may cost just a very small fee “a 100% refund of premium within the Free Look Period is guaranteed by all companies”.
10. “How do I buy travel insurance?”: Buying Travel Insurance is quite easy and can be purchased in just a short amount of time online. After you decide which company you would like to work with, purchase a policy. Call an independent agent to make sure you are getting exactly what you want.
These ten answers should put you in a great spot to order travel insurance, since all of your main questions have been answered. Once you know which insurance company you will be working with, do not hesitate to call an agent with any more questions that you may have. By doing this you will be able to be very confident with your purchase, and be ready to have an enjoyable stress-free trip.
Published by Sandy Tata on April 20th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Kaisar on January 2nd 2012 | Insurance
Published by Haris Portfield on February 20th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Robmarshall on March 1st 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andy Robert on December 7th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Harrisonford on March 1st 2012 | Insurance
Published by Atif Saleem on December 10th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Insuranceindian Aauto on January 14th 2012 | Finance
Published by Usautoinsurances on January 16th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Ricky Martin on July 27th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Anneshirley on April 12th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Lessardcasey on November 30th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Harrisonford on March 29th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Shyam Singh on March 2nd 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on December 6th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Anneshirley on March 20th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Geenadavis on February 25th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Harrisonford on April 12th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Jameshaven on March 16th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Autoinsurances on January 14th 2012 | Insurance