Affordable medical insurance
When one is in search of a low cost private individual health insurance plan, where does one go? A huge resource of insurance quotes and health care information is the world wide web. There are search engines dedicated to giving you a price quote for your benefits based on your age, gender, dependents, and location. You simply type in said information and you will receive comprehensive quotes from dozens of providers including big companies like Aetna and United Health Care and less well known providers like United Health One. You will then be provided with detailed information about the plans available to you.
One thing most people don’t understand about health insurance is that there is much more to know about it than just the monthly premium cost. In order to take into consideration which plan is best for you financially you should also consider your out of pocket costs such as co-insurance, co-payments, and out-of-pocket maximums. A co-payment is the fee associated with visits to the doctor or hospital. For example, you may be required to pay $20 per visit to your primary care physician where as a specialist visit to a urologist may cost you $40 a visit. Some plans have emergency room co-payments of $100 or more which may be waved if you are required to be admitted to the hospital for a longer stay as a result of your visit. You would then need to verify if your new health plan requires you to pay a hospitalization co-payment for being admitted from the emergency room. Will you be covered the full 100% after that co-payment? If you will only be covered for 80% for example, then you are going to need to cover the other 20% of the total bill once you are released from the hospital. This is called your co-insurance amount.
It can all sound very overwhelming and especially expensive. There are however measures implemented into these health plans to help relieve the stress of high cost benefits. The out-of-pocket maximum can be the saving grace for most individuals and families. The way your out-of-pocket maximum works is that once you have paid your co-payments for doctors and hospital visits and you begin to start paying your co-insurance amounts, there is an annual out-of-pocket maximum that is capped on your benefits. In a health plan with a $2,000 out-of-pocket maximum means that you will be responsible for co-insurance (20% of your hospital bill) only until you reach your $2000 out-of-pocket maximum. That is great news. If for instance you are hurt in an accident and require a $30,000 surgery, you can rest assured that you will not be responsible for more than your annual out-of-pocket maximum.
Now that you are armed with this education about health insurance benefits, you will be more aptly capable of budgeting your income and allotting enough funds to carefully and diligently pick the very best health insurance for yourself and your family.
Lessardcasey - About Author:
Casey Lessard is an author of healthinsuranceadvisory.org, One of the Best health insurance advisory. He is writing articles on Affordable medical insurance
since long time.
Published by Jack Travis on December 9th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on March 15th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Caden on June 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Marry James on February 27th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on May 10th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Insurance Inde on January 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Lauraallen on April 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Mark Suchel on March 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Peter Sturat Is An SEO Expert And An Article Author Who Has Written Many Articles On Credit Hire And Replacement Services. He Has Studied The Credit Hir on July 5th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on February 21st 2012 | Insurance
Published by Geenadavis on March 1st 2012 | Insurance
Published by Andrew Edwards on December 8th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Lessardcasey on March 28th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Autoinsurances on January 14th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Ahmadgill on January 26th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Alabamaauto Insurances on January 17th 2012 | Finance
Published by Robmichae on March 16th 2012 | Insurance
Published by Texasinsurance on November 30th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Atif Saleem on December 10th 2011 | Insurance
Published by Jeniffer Thomus on January 24th 2012 | Insurance