Security is the One Expense You Can’t Afford to Drop
As you look over your expenses in an effort to reduce the amount of money flowing out of your pocket, you might be tempted to cut out your home security system monitoring. After all, if you haven’t been burglarized then you probably don’t need it, right? Wrong! If you discontinue your home security system monitoring, you are actually opening yourself up to even more expenses than if you simply paid the monthly fee in the first place.
In fact, having a monitored security system can actually save you money in the long run, so before you discontinue your monitoring service consider the actual monetary cost to you by keeping it installed.
1. Your homeowner’s insurance is probably lower because the chances of getting burglarized are lower.
2. Your heating costs are lower because you can control your thermostat from your smartphone, laptop computer or tablet, making it cooler when you are not home and warmer when you are in the winter and the reverse of that in the summer.
3. If you get burglarized, you will get insurance money that may or may not cover the replacement of the items that were stolen. Even if you do get enough to go out and purchase replacements, you will probably have to buy more expensive items because the technology has changed since you first purchased those items. This will usually cost you more than the amount you were reimbursed.
4. If you get burglarized, your homeowner’s insurance will increase because once you’ve had a claim, insurance companies consider you a higher risk and will charge you more.
5. You have more peace of mind with a security system than without one. This doesn’t really have a monetary value associated with it, but its worth is incalculable. Knowing that your home is being watched over by people who will get help to your home in an instant if it is ever needed is simply priceless.
Finally, you have to think about the price you place on the safety of your family members. If you are like most people, you would pay any amount of money to ensure that your family members are protected. The increase in risk to your family’s safety simply isn’t worth the minimal amount of money you will save each month by discontinuing your monitoring service. No matter how you slice it, discontinuing monitoring service to your home security system will be more expensive in the long run than leaving it the way it is.
Published by Charles Willis on March 16th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Jack on March 23rd 2012 | Home
Published by Charles Willis on March 7th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Jon Franklin on May 30th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Intrudershield on March 16th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Govindsingh on May 3rd 2012 | Home Security
Published by Samantha Kirk on March 9th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Jon Franklin on May 3rd 2012 | Home Security
Published by Abbyiynne2 on May 17th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Intrudershield on January 4th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Stana Vee on May 9th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Jon Franklin on January 19th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Heather Protz on March 16th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Adair Sawyer on May 11th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Glyn Jones on December 7th 2011 | Home Security
Published by Intrudershield on July 11th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Julia Bennet on April 9th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Adney Moore on May 25th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Rebecca Martin on December 16th 2011 | Home Security
Published by Intrudershield on January 23rd 2012 | Home Security