How to Make Yourself a Burglary Target
People don’t get security systems installed in their homes for a variety of reasons. Perhaps it is too expensive or they worry they will not be able to operate it. Maybe they don’t want to hassle with installation or they think the police and firemen will be at their house all the time for false alarms. Whatever the reason they choose not to get a home security system installed, they are taking a significant risk with their home and family. They don’t understand that burglars are three times more likely to choose houses that do not have security systems installed over ones that do. They are leaving themselves wide open to becoming a victim. If you have refused to get a home security system installed, you must want to get burglarized. Here are some other ways to make yourself more of a target.
1. Keep your doors and windows unlocked and pull back your curtains so would-be criminals can see what is worth stealing in your home.
2. Make sure you come and go every day at the same exact times so you give burglars a blueprint of your schedule. This will make it easy for them to know when you are gone and when you are home.
3. Do not trim your bushes and trees so burglars have many hiding places when they are breaking into your home.
4. Do not light up your home. Burglars love the dark and will choose houses that have no exterior lighting over ones that are well-lit every time.
5. Instead of cutting up boxes that your expensive sound system came in, just leave them on your curb so people can see what you have inside.
Of course, you would never think of doing these above actions because you know that doing so would make you an easy target. So, why would you choose not to have a home security system installed either? You are making yourself vulnerable to burglaries and home invasions without one, which means not only is your house vulnerable, so is your family. As a responsible homeowner, you have an obligation to make your home as secure as possible. The only way to do that is to start researching home security systems and getting one installed as soon as you can.
Take control of your home security. Get a home security system installed now so you can live your life without the constant threat of criminal activity.
Published by Jon Franklin on January 19th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Electrical Planet on January 24th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Smithmiller on May 24th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Charles Willis on March 7th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Govindsingh on May 3rd 2012 | Home Security
Published by James Blee on June 18th 2012 | Home
Published by Jon Franklin on May 30th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Charles Willis on February 10th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Addamsmith on June 28th 2012 | Home
Published by Eclipse Security on January 18th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Charles Willis on April 24th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Adair Sawyer on May 11th 2012 | Home Security
Published by FeliciaCorrine on June 12th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Rebecca Martin on December 16th 2011 | Home Security
Published by John Kumar on December 2nd 2011 | Home
Published by Smith on July 24th 2012 | Home
Published by Heather Protz on March 16th 2012 | Home Security
Published by Mary Porter on June 17th 2012 | Home
Published by James Blee on August 23rd 2012 | Home
Published by Intrudershield on July 11th 2012 | Home Security