Tips for Buying Engineered Wood Flooring
It looks just like genuine solid wood flooring, but it is faster, cheaper, and less susceptible to moisture damage. It also looks rich and luxurious, is easy to clean, and lasts a long time even in areas with high foot traffic. Engineered wood flooring can really be a great option for a floor covering for your home. There are many different styles and colours to choose from which will match your home decor and add to the beauty of your home.
Buying engineered wood flooring can be confusing, especially if this is your first time shopping for this type of material. Making sure that you get the right type of flooring will make a big difference in the look of your home and the ease of the installation. Take your time to compare several different products so that you can make the choice which best fits your home and your budget.
Here are some other tips that will help you when shopping for Florence engineered wood flooring:
• Visit a store which specializes in flooring and not just a general home improvement store. There you will find much more selection when it comes to flooring products as well as staff who will be more knowledgeable.
• Ask the store for samples of the flooring so that you can examine it, touch it, and even try walking on it before you buy.
• Find a sales person who has a lot of expertise and ask them lots of questions about the Florence engineered wood flooring that you are considering. How stable is it? How does it hold up to humidity? How easy is it to install?
• Remember that when you choose engineered wood flooring which is a light colour and use it in a high-wear area such as an entrance way or a kitchen, the dirt will show up easily. Use darker wood in these areas so that it will look cleaner.
• Don’t choose a style of wood with bevelled edges in kitchen or bathrooms, because spilled water or other liquids can collect and soak into the joints.
• Most engineered wood flooring is sold in boxes of 20-30 square-foot lots. When you are installing it is usually recommended to purchase an extra 10% for mistakes. For example, if you have a room which is 18 square feet it is recommended for you to purchase enough wood flooring for 89.1 square feet. If you don’t end up needing the flooring you can always return it or use the extra for a small space in your home such as a closet or a landing.
Once you have purchased your Florence engineered wood flooring you will be all ready to start the installation process. Have fun!
Glenn Farrier - About Author:
Are you considering buying Florence engineered wood flooring for your home? Here are some tips for buying the engineered wood flooring you will need for your renovation project.
Published by James Blee on June 16th 2012 | Home
Published by Simon Cooper on December 19th 2011 | Home
Published by Alberta Reid on December 11th 2011 | Home
Published by Julia Roger on December 7th 2011 | Home
Published by Mike Nielson on November 30th 2011 | Home
Published by Robert Lescott on July 16th 2012 | Home
Published by Addamsmith on June 28th 2012 | Home
Published by Jack on August 10th 2012 | Home