The Beauty of Stamped Concrete Patios
Stamped concrete involves creating textures and patterns on ordinary concrete thereby transforming ordinary patios, drive ways and sidewalks. In fact, stamped concrete patios have become very popular among those looking to add some style and class to their outdoor space. Here are some benefits associated with installing stamped concrete floorings.
- Cost Effective: When compared to installing natural stones, cobble stones, bricks and other conventional flooring concrete is cost effective. The job isn’t as labor intensive as the others, and all that is required to be done, is to pour in concrete and create patterns. To install a 2,000 square foot stamped concrete driveway it takes just 5 days, as opposed to the 10 -12 days of work that takes for installing natural stones or pavers. Unlike tile and other materials that will have to cut, you don’t have to worry about wastage in odd shaped surfaces. You can use different textures, designs, and colors to replicate the look of wood, natural stones, bricks, cobblestone, flagstone and other commonly used surface material.
- Easy Maintenance: The textures and patterns that are created on stamped concrete are superficial and do not go deep. Brick and other surfaces often have weeds growing between the tiles; you’ll have to ensure that their weeded out regularly. This isn’t a problem in stamped concrete patios. They also don’t break or chip away like brick pavers. Even if a crack appears, this can be taken care of by pouring concrete on the affected area. Thus, maintenance is easy and effective. To maintain its natural sheen, you will have to reseal it every 2-3 years. These are UV protected and can minimize the effect of sunlight exposure, protect from moisture penetration, freeze-thaw conditions, and abrasions. The stains are easy to remove as well.
- Stamped concrete patios, driveways, sidewalks, swimming pool decks and other surfaces add style to your house, and are sure to contribute to the overall value of the property.
- Easy customization: They are often used in offices and other commercial centers as they allow easy and effective customization. You can add monograms, crests, logos, and other personalization to these. This however is not possible with natural stone or asphalt.
- Longevity: Stamped concrete can last a long time and withstand a lot of pressure. It can also withstand harsh winters with minimal maintenance.
The next time you’re thinking about redoing your patio surface, don’t think beyond stamped concrete.
Published by Kate Morgan on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Oleg Vasyliychuk on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Andy Brisebois on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Mehrdad Hadjikhan on August 25th 2012 | Home
Published by Donna Livingston on August 24th 2012 | Home
Published by Johndy Sons on August 24th 2012 | Home