Do Doors and Windows Affect the Exterior Appeal of Your House
Regardless how much you hate it to be true, people do judge a book by its cover. This is a universal truth, especially when people are spending their money on something as expensive as a house. When prospective buyers come to your place to buy a property, the first thing that they see is the exterior of the house. And it is very important that it creates a good first impression. Here are six exterior areas that make an impact:
• Roofing: Do I need to explain the importance of investing in a good quality roof? Besides the obvious fact that a good roof can withstand a variety of weather, it should also be known that roofs play an important part in insulating the home. But remember, even the best quality roofs show signs of wear and tear after about 15 years. Torn shingles, rusted flashings, cluttered gutters, are all signs that they need replacement.
• Siding: The siding is indeed an import aspect that helps to improve your home’s curb appeal. Chipped, damaged and faded sidings look ugly and don’t really make a good impression on prospective buyers. When you choose to replace or repair your old sidings, make sure that you choose one carefully. There are some types that look great from across the street, but look imperfect and clumsy when you get close. There are plenty of options for those looking to replace their sidings from wood, asbestos, aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass and even cement. Each of these has their advantages and drawbacks. For instance, wood sidings look great, but need a lot of maintenance. Choose one that matches your lifestyle and climate.
• Exterior Painting: One of the most cost effective and dramatic ways to improve your home’s curb appeal is to repaint the exteriors. Repainting the exteriors also guarantees high ROI for homes on sale. If budget is a problem, you can repaint only the gutters, downspouts and the trims to change the look instantly. But don’t overboard with dramatic and bold colors.
• Doors: An attractive door is sure to impress prospective buyers. But old, faded and damaged doors do just the opposite. Our Kansas City doors and windows replacement company can help you to choose ones that match the theme of your house.
• Windows: High quality wood and vinyl windows not only add to the curb appeal, but also save energy. For those looking for replacement windows in Kansas City, we can help you with a wide variety of window types.
• Landscaping: Good landscaping will add value to your house, but a bad landscaping makes a house look dull and even scary.
Published by Katelopez on December 12th 2011 | Home
Published by Kate Morgan on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Oleg Vasyliychuk on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Andy Brisebois on August 26th 2012 | Home
Published by Mehrdad Hadjikhan on August 25th 2012 | Home
Published by Donna Livingston on August 24th 2012 | Home
Published by Johndy Sons on August 24th 2012 | Home