What to Know when Looking for a Cosmetic Dentist
Everyone wants to have that killer smile that stuns anyone looking your way. Winning smiles are not the reserve of the rich and famous. You can look as good as your favorite celebrity can by visiting a cosmetic dentist where you get your teeth whitened and straightened. The services offered by a cosmetic dentist one may argue can be easily gotten at a lower price at that saloon in the alley. The dangers of getting an unauthorized and unskilled person to fix your teeth are vast. The results are horrifying so do not even go down that line of thinking. The horror stories also come from those who did not check out a quack dentist.
To have your needs met, you have to consider a number of factors before settling on a particular dentist. The procedure involved once you get a cosmetic dentist to work on you will cost you some good amount of money so ensure you carry out a proper research. Do so by visiting various dentist offices and get the relevant information. Here are a few pointers on what areas to check.
• Qualifications- Know the dentist's level of training and their academic achievements. The least they should have is degree training from a recognized medical school. An added advantage is if they belong to a distinguished dentist's body such as the British Dental association, American Academy of Cosmetic dentists or the Australian dentist Association.
• Experience- When you go for consultation ask for photos of patients he or she has previously worked on. They should provide you with before and after photos and make sure they are not doctored photos. Inquire also how long they have been in practice and in particular in cosmetic dentistry.
• Reviews- Get to read online reviews about their work and search for a patient who had an issue similar to yours. You could also ask for contacts of previous patients, call them and talk to them. Get reviews with vital information and not general comments to base your decision.
• Technology - Ensure you check the technology present at the dentist area of practice. In most cases than not, appropriate use of the right equipment plays a part in the quality of the results you get.
• After graduation- The medical field is dynamic and changes constantly occur. It is important for any dentist to keep up with the trends. It does not hurt to ask how they ensure they keep up with the changing trends n the field.
• Ceramist- A cosmetic dentist has to have a ceramist who will perform the actual task. Make sure you ask about the experience and qualifications of the ceramist also.
• Comfort and ease- An important factor you should not ignore on the initial visit is whether you feel at ease as you talk to the dentist. A good level of friendliness whilst maintaining professionalism shows the dentist has your needs in mind. Feeling comfortable reduces nervousness during the procedure.
• Pricing- At the end of the consultation, get a written report of what treatments the dentist recommends for your condition and the prices. This enables you to compare price versus quality when you sit down to make the decision.
Roger - About Author:
Gentle Dental were great when I needed work done on my teeth. We found Dr Kim while searching cosmetic dentist Melbourne on search engines. As an experienced dentist Dr Kim went out of her way to give me a great service. She is a good laser dentist.
Published by Adair Sawyer on March 7th 2012 | Health
Published by James Blee on June 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Sylvia Tyson on December 8th 2011 | Health
Published by Akansha on December 23rd 2011 | Health
Published by Canberra Marketing on December 4th 2011 | Health
Published by Maryparker on May 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Dentalcarenyc on March 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Thomasjohnson on April 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by MarlonNigel on December 20th 2011 | Health
Published by Akansha on November 30th 2011 | Health
Published by Akansha on November 25th 2011 | Health
Published by Edmund Brunetti on April 9th 2012 | Health
Published by Simona on January 16th 2012 | Health
Published by Dr. Brock Tekin on April 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Frederick Stange on December 15th 2011 | Health
Published by Godwin on July 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Therese Laserase on June 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Benjamin on March 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Andrew Rob on December 15th 2011 | Health
Published by Ryan on March 9th 2012 | Health