Types and Importance of Medical Certifications
Are you working in the booming healthcare industry? Do you harbor hopes of an attractive salary and a good employer? Then it’s time you gave some thought to enhancing your credentials with the help of a medical certification. Medical certifications are ideal for individuals looking to be hired by medical organizations such as hospitals, clinics and private practices in this highly competitive market.
In the section below, let us several types of medical certifications and their importance is discussed –
The various certification courses and their requirements include:
1. Medical Assistants – They are designated to perform various clinical and administrative tasks in many medical facilities. In order to get a certification as a medical assistant, the individual needs to have successfully completed the medical assistant training course at an accredited training facility.
2. Pharmacy Technicians – These professionals work under the supervision of a pharmacist and have the responsibility of performing various pharmaceutical duties such as dispensing proper medications. To be certified, minimum work experience of a year and/or an approved training course in the last 10 years is required.
3. EKG Technicians – A vital part of the specialization of cardiology, these technicians perform the EKG tests along with other specialized tests of the heart like the stress test or Holter monitor. An accredited program and/or work experience of a year is required for the certification in this program.
4. Patient Care Technician – As the name suggests, the patient care technician renders care to patients in most medical facilities—specifically to patients that have physical or mental impairments. In order to acquire a certification in this program, an individual requires to have successfully completed an accredited course.
5. Phlebotomy Technician – These technicians collect bodily fluids for diagnostic test applications. In order to qualify for a professional certification, they need either a work experience of a year or to have completed a successful training from an approved course.
6. Medical Billing and Coding – This is one of the most desirable professions in the allied health industry at the moment. Acquiring a certification in this field requires a completion of an approved training program.
Importance of these certifications –
Students and entry-level professionals can benefit by being certified as it gives them a professional edge over others who have only completed a training program. The allied health care field is one of the most competitive industries in this economy. Hence, it is crucial to have additional certifications in the field of your choice. In addition to increased compensation, a medical certifications also opens up opportunities for advancement. There are many certification programs that offer exams based on the knowledge that is earned from work experience and education.
For more info please visit our website: http://www.medcainc.com/
Medcainc - About Author:
medical certifications are ideal for individuals looking to be hired by medical organizations such as hospitals, clinics and private practices in this highly competitive market.
Published by James Blee on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by William Jackson on May 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Koerpertraum on May 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 2nd 2012 | Health
Published by Editor123 on March 28th 2012 | Health
Published by Ben Bradshaw on April 2nd 2012 | Health
Every smoker is aware of the hazards of smoking. If you have pledged to kick the harmful habit, ...
Published by Andrew Rob on December 15th 2011 | Health
Published by Poojarajput on July 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on May 30th 2012 | Health
Published by David Flambert on July 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Bgiles on August 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Morganmoran on June 26th 2012 | Health
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on June 16th 2012 | Health
Published by Jatinhira on March 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Ricky Martin on June 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Ajay on July 3rd 2012 | Health
Published by Navi Virl on June 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Tameera Kemp on December 2nd 2011 | Health
Published by Blossom Dana on January 1st 2012 | Health
Published by Vjneel on January 24th 2012 | Health