Sonus Solution 75-Day Trial Period Allows You Time You Need to Adjust to Wearing Hearing Aids
It takes time to adjust to wearing hearing aids and that is why our Sonus Solution package includes a free 75-day trial period rather than the typical 30-days that other hearing practices offer. And because we want your adjustment period to be successful, we offer the following tips to ensure your new hearing instruments stay in your ears and not in a drawer.
1. Have realistic expectations. Hearing aids will not restore your hearing to normal, but they will help you understand more conversations and hear more clearly than you can without them.
2. Become familiar with the features of your hearing aids. Practice putting in and taking out the batteries; clean your aids per the instructions you received at the time of the fitting; make sure you understand how to identify the right hearing instrument from the left and know how to adjust the volume should you need to make changes manually. If you have any questions, call your Sonus Hearing Care Professional.
3. Wear them every day. Period.
4. Be prepared for your own voice to sound strange to you. To get used to hearing your amplified voice, practice hearing your own voice by reading out loud every day.
5. Practice listening in a quiet environment. Watch TV or listen to the radio. Have a conversation with a friend. Listen to your phone’s answering machine message.
6. Be prepared for things to sound too loud. You may be overwhelmed at first by the sound of the clock ticking, the birds singing or the rush of traffic. Be patient. As time goes by, you will get used to hearing the common things you have become used to not hearing at all.
7. Practice focusing on your hearing in noisy environments. Even people with normal hearing have a hard time hearing in noisy situations. Focus carefully on your hearing when you find yourself in a difficult listening situation. Help yourself overcome some of the drawbacks by facing the speaker and sitting with your back against the wall to help improve the acoustics. It also helps to simply tell the person you are talking to that you wear hearing instruments so that they can partner with you to help you understand.
By following these tips, at the end of your 75-day Sonus Solution trial, you will be well adjusted to your new hearing aids and on your way to living your life to its fullest once again.
Vipinjain - About Author:
Dr. Jain is focused on providing the best hearing health care to improve quality of life through better hearing. She strives to find a personalized solution to meet the hearing needs and lifestyle of her patients. Dr. Jain received her Master's Degree in Audiology from Ohio University and her Doctorate in Audiology from Salus University in Pennsylvania. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and the Illinois Academy of Audiology. http://budurl.com/shcparticlejan12
Published by NinaCook on May 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Orgnised Interiors on July 26th 2012 | Health
Published by Sleepaidsreviews on February 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on February 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on February 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on April 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Crowin Smith on February 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on January 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on March 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Angelobailey on June 8th 2012 | Health
Published by Avena Sowell on December 21st 2011 | Health