Replacing Missing Teeth – More Than Just a Cosmetic Necessity
There are a number of consequences of living with missing teeth. Not only does it impact your appearance, but it also tends to influence the way people perceive you in your social and professional environment, it impacts your appearance, your self esteem and most importantly it also has tremendous influence on your oral health. Even though a missing tooth that is not entirely visible may not truly compel you to undergo treatment for teeth implants or replacement, but one cannot ignore the oral health risks one is facing with decaying teeth and the impact it has on your overall health.
Experts in Cosmetic Dentistry from Vancouver insist that irrespective of the position of your decaying or missing teeth, it is important for one to correct the situation immediately to ensure comprehensive oral comfort as well as maintenance of a perfect smile.
What is a Tooth Implant?
Typically, a tooth implant consists of a titanium screw which acts as the roots to your new teeth. This is attached to a durable ceramic tooth crown that is fixed permanently into your jaw, hereby ensuring effective tooth implantation.
Why Must I Consider Replacing my Missing Teeth?
It is evident that there are a multiple reasons why one must consider tooth implantation. To name a few –
1. Enhanced Appearance – Tooth implants look and feel just like your own natural teeth and the fact that they are able to easily fuse with bone, these implants become a permanent fixture into your jaw.
2. Increased Comfort – They are a lot more comfortable than removal dentures due to its permanent nature.
3. Improved Speech – Your teeth play an important role in effective verbal speech and badly fit dentures tend to slip in your mouth, consequently impacting your speech by making your slur or mumble words. Permanent teeth replacements allow you to speak naturally without worrying that your teeth will slip.
4. Ability to Eat Easily – Missing teeth and sliding dentures makes it difficult for one to chew. Since permanent dental implants act as your own natural teeth, it is easily chew your favourite foods without any pain.
5. The Convenience Factor – There is obviously a lot of convenience in having permanent teeth fixed as against investing in removable dentures since it involves less maintenance, and demands the same treatment as your natural teeth do.
6. Durable – Teeth implants are also a lot more durable and if you are able to take good care of your teeth, they can easily last you a lifetime.
7. Self-Esteem – As mentioned before, these implants play a significant role in giving you back your beautiful smile, hereby boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
8. Enhancement of Oral Health & Hygiene – Finally, the fact that most of your natural teeth are left intact through this procedure, in the long run, dental implants play a bigger role in maintaining your oral health. These implants additionally facilitate easier access between teeth which also allows you to improve your oral hygiene.
It is evident that replacing your missing teeth has more benefits than one can imagine. Ask your dentist today on how you can best improve your facial appearance and ensure oral health.
Published by Gary Tobin on April 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Dentalcarenyc on January 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Thomasjohnson on April 2nd 2012 | Health
Published by Dentalcarenyc on April 30th 2012 | Health
Published by Jared Matthews on January 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Andrew Rob on December 15th 2011 | Health
Published by Elitesmiles on June 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Osborne Dental Practice on January 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Aronphillip on February 15th 2012 | Health
Dentists offering cosmetic dental services also offer excellent standard of services for kids ag...
Published by Elitesmiles on May 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Ema Sis on June 14th 2012 | Health
Published by Cristeenajohn on August 7th 2012 | Health
Published by Kireenpolard on December 29th 2011 | Health