Eye Care Tips While Using a Computer
My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.
But off late, this ocean is experiencing some turbulence. Ever since I joined the IT sector, my once beautiful almond shaped eyes have been complaining, vehemently.
The long grueling hours at work, tirelessly working in front of the computer take a heavy toll on our eyes. Use of technology saves us from a lot of paperwork but at the same time, it also calls for its use, wisely. Listed below are some of the common eye woes at work:
• Excessive discharge of tears/water
• Blurred vision
• Constant headache
• Impaired vision etc.
These complications can gradually give rise to severe disorders like myopia, cataract, color blindness and even total blindness. So to ward off all these foreseeable problems, one must be careful. Listed below are some of the tips which, if followed can certainly help in maintaining the visual health.
• Eye breaks: Take regular eye breaks. If your eyes get tired, your brain will also respond sluggishly compromising with your productive output. So after every 30-40 minutes, sit back and close your eyes. Think about all the beautiful things of life and relax.
• Water splash: Yes, splash your eyes with cold water after every 2-3 hours. You will feel fresh and activated immediately. But be careful about the water source for contaminated water might further aggravate the problems.
• Eye drops: Keep an eye drop handy with carboxy methyl cellulose to moisten them and rinse them off, of all the grim and other disturbing elements. Never keep the lid open and if you left it open, never use it again. Also, never share your eye drops with anyone.
• Eye exercises: Of all forms of exercises, these are the most convenient to perform, even when you are at your work station. Practice long blinks, eye circling, eye diagonals, eyeball roll, pen exercises etc.
• Diet: Watch your diet carefully. Consume Vitamin A rich foods like carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. Also include eggs, fish, citrus fruits, walnuts, flaxseeds etc. in your diet to improve your eye site. Further, keep your smoking and alcohol consumption under check as they can cause severe optic nerve damage.
• Miscellaneous: While working in front of the computer, wear spectacles (even if your vision is correct, wear zero power glasses for protection); cover your monitor with an eye shield screen. You can also use cucumber and rose water pack for relaxation.
Remember, eyes are one of the vital and indispensable organs of our body. A slight negligence today might add up gradually to a grave disorder. Hence, take care of your eyes, sincerely.
Pooja Sharma - About Author:
Adiva is committed to providing world-class health care to women of all ages. and specialised in IVF, infertility clinic, birthing specialty.For more information please click the link : http://www.womanhoodbyadiva.com
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on July 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Godwin on January 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Calantha Quana on February 13th 2012 | Health
Published by Tameera Kemp on December 2nd 2011 | Health
Published by Saima Triphor on February 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Camili on July 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on March 24th 2012 | Health
Published by Jackcruz on May 9th 2012 | Health
Published by Samantha Kirk on March 8th 2012 | Health
Published by Jamessms on March 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Ronald Jackson on May 29th 2012 | Health
Published by Jamessms on January 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Fit Sups on April 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Parkerlisa on March 5th 2012 | Health
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 10th 2012 | Health
Published by Akansha on December 23rd 2011 | Health
Published by Balfour on June 4th 2012 | Health