Beat the Heat and Be Beautiful
In this scorching summer, our body needs huge amount of water to sustain. Eating fruits and vegetables that are full or natural water not only hydrates you but also makes you beautiful. Most of the fruits and vegetables found in summer not only have high water content but many of the essential minerals and nutrients too. Some of the summer foods are:
• Watermelons are composed of about 90 per cent water and are an easy way to stay hydrated during this sweltering summer. They pack in nutrients, including vitamin A, B6, and C. In addition, watermelon, like most melons, is rich in antioxidants such as lycopene and citrulline.
• Tomatoes are great summertime treat; full of vitamin C, beta carotene, and lycopene, tomatoes are nutritional powerhouses. They are the easiest to incorporate into different kinds of dishes and meals.
• Berries are best summer foods; Go for them! Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries, blackberries… the list is endless. All berries are low in calories, high in vitamin C, strawberries being the highest, and a good source of antioxidants and fiber. Try a mixture of all the berries as shakes or simple salads!
• The sweet, juicy flavor of peaches makes them exotic in a fruit salad. High in vitamin C and A, peaches are a good source of fiber and antioxidants, and contain lutein and zeaxathin, which help prevent age-related macular degeneration.
• Plums, like apricots, peaches, and nectarines, are considered fruits that have a hard stone pit. High in vitamin C, A, and fiber, they are also rich in antioxidants. The dried form is best known for its laxative properties. Eat it straight, sliced in a fruit tart, or made into plum jam which is great in taste and full of health properties.
• Green beans are rich in vitamin K, C, manganese, and a good source of beta-carotene. Boil them, sprinkle chat masala and eat. You could even put them in a veggie salad or cold soup.
• High in potassium, fiber, and antioxidants, figs go well in sweet, savory dishes.
• Cucumbers are full of Water, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and anti-oxidants. It is an ideal summer food and also good for checking weight gain and blood pressure.
There are some skin problems that are very prominent in summers. Natural ingredients are quite effective in catering summer skin problem. Some of the natural beauty secrets are:
• Acne and pimples are common during summer times due to constant sweating. Fenugreek seed is the best home remedy for this problem. Soak and grind fenugreek seeds. Apply for pimples and acne scars. This will reduce the irritation and also remove the pimple marks on your face.
• A paste of turmeric and fenugreek can help in removing blackheads.
• Benefits of fenugreek are long lasting in summer and quite effective too. It is also helpful in getting rid of those wrinkles caused by burning sun. Paste of fenugreek leaves and boiled milk, if applied can help in delaying those wrinkles and fine lines. If you do not get fresh leaves than use dry powder.
• Cucumbers are not only good to eat in summers but they can also serve as a nice face pack to make skin soft and supple in summer heat.
• Afraid of skin tanning. Apply paste of sandalwood powder, besan and pure milk. It will remove tanning and make your skin visibly glowing and fairer.
Priyanka Sharma - About Author:
This article has been written and posted by a health advisor working at bookmydoctor.com, who also provides free of cost consultancy to patients and advise on various topics like Summer Food By visiting the site, you can read articles on fenugreek benefits and Natural Beauty Secrets.
Published by Julia Roger on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Laura on February 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Osborne Skin on January 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Laura on March 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Cody on February 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Damian Walton on May 15th 2012 | Health
Published by Azzarra Lafif on January 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Leithjason on January 12th 2012 | Health
Published by Edmund Brunetti on April 9th 2012 | Health
Published by Jesse on April 16th 2012 | Health
Published by Laura on February 23rd 2012 | Health
Published by Amit Sachdeva on March 14th 2012 | Health
Published by Ajay on July 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Poojarajput on July 31st 2012 | Health
Published by Lance Ward on March 17th 2012 | Health
Published by Jane Cyrus on March 23rd 2012 | Health