Turkish coffee Maker- the Secret behind Divine taste of Turkish coffee
The Turkish have a very intriguing and special method of making coffee that dates back to the 16th century.
There are a couple of things one needs to make a good cup of Turkish coffee.
• One needs a good grinder, an electric one which can grind extra fine. A Turkish mill is preferred as it can grind very finely. It is called the ‘kahve degirmeni’ which has a long tubular design with burrs that grind the coffee beans.
• Besides this, one needs a turkish coffee maker. This has many names like cezve, jezve, briki,mbiki, toorka and ibrik. This is actually a brewer. It is usually made of copper with a long wooden handle. It can also be made of brass but stainless steel is becoming very popular. The pot has a narrow neck with a wide base and a narrow top. It has a spout on one or two sides for pouring. Ibriks can be found in a variety of sizes from 2 cups on to 6 or 8 cups. Here the cup refers to the large espresso cup that is about 3 ounces per serving. It is important to note that the cup size of the pot is not matched to how much is brewed if full. In fact, there should be enough airspace in the pot while brewing. The process involves foaming up the liquid in stages. If one uses a pot that is too big then much of the foam will stick to the sides and make it bitter.
• The next requirement is the heat source which should be suited for brewing an ibrik. An electric or gas stove will serve the purpose.
• The Turkish cup called a fincan is required to pour the coffee into.
• The ingredients include coffee beans nicely roasted, good quality water and sugar.
One should be very when the coffee is brewing as it should not be allowed to boil. The coffee should be allowed to build a thick froth.
Published by James Blee on March 16th 2012 | Food
Published by James Blee on February 25th 2012 | Food
Published by James Blee on April 24th 2012 | Food
Published by Alwin Lewis on January 25th 2012 | Food
Published by Robert Duce on March 12th 2012 | Food
Barista Lavazza goes absolutely crazy with their launching and introducing new items in their me...
Published by Warner on May 17th 2012 | Food
Published by Jamessms on March 13th 2012 | Food
Published by Aleisa Paul on January 23rd 2012 | Food
Published by Robert Duce on April 19th 2012 | Food
Published by Loura Seo on April 3rd 2012 | Food
Published by Warner on April 2nd 2012 | Food
Published by Alwin Lewis on December 14th 2011 | Food
Published by Robert Duce on February 18th 2012 | Food
Published by James Blee on February 17th 2012 | Food
Published by Caden on June 14th 2012 | Food
Published by Robert Duce on May 31st 2012 | Food
Published by Chris Adam on April 6th 2012 | Food
Published by Alwin Lewis on February 7th 2012 | Food
Published by Dany on April 21st 2012 | Food