Behavioural Skills for an HR Person in Soft Skills Training
Commonly there are nine important behavioural skills are required for an HR person which has been discussed in details below :
1) Clarity of Thoughts - The responsibilities of crucial decesions of human resources in an organization, lies with the HR department. An HR person often faces the situation where they have to choose one way “Either do it or don’t “. Sometimes situation becomes so confusing that even we don’t want to do it , but the job demands the decision and role becomes confusing. For an HR Professional clarity of thoughts has to be there. Until he/she (who is suppose to be a deciding factor) is not clear in thoughts, the decision would not turn out to be accurate and fruitful.
2) Efficiency In Time Management - HR professionals is expected to be efficient in time management. Most of the time, I have seen that they don’t give any time limit. You approach them for any work and they respond by saying, “Ok, it will be done”. But when? I agree that “Good HR Professionals” have many things to do. Recruitments, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Career Development, Benchmarking, etc are the things, which takes lots of time. But, all goals, all dreams, all activities, all commitments looks good and are achievable, if there is a closing date for that. For Example, I want my company to be in top-10 companies in the world. It’s a Vision. It’s a good dream. But, if I don’t specify, by which year or in how many years, I want to achieve that goal, it will only remain as a dream and will never become a reality. Uncertainty, Ambiguity, Open-Ended commitment, Confusion, these are things, that are not expected from any HR Professional
3) Compare Situations and Performances – This is general human tendency to compare two situations or two people, which often creates confusion, wrong decesions or injustice towards one. Hence for an HR professional it is very much required that they have to come out of this general tendency and do not compare two people or two situations as in order to reach an authentic and fruitful decision which is required for smooth functioning of an organization as well as human resources.
4) Knowledge about the Business and Industry – Many a times it is been observed that HR people are not ware of actual business, company strength and weaknesses they are working with, which again lead them to wrong path, misleading decesions and poor performance harming the organizations interests and goals.
5) Vision and Goal – An HR Professionals should be clear with the goals such as “What they want to do for the organization? Are you planning to implement a competitive compensation plan? Do you want to take your company in the bracket of 20 “Best Employers in the Country”? Are you planning to acquire best of the talent from market? Do you think that you need to control the growing Attrition Rate of your company? Have you thought about “Organization Development” and “Talent Management”? Usually, that is the confusion. HR professionals don’t have that vision.
6) Zeal for Data / Calculations / Analysis / Projections - Reason why most of HR professionals despite of having excellent ideas and strategies fails in performing is that they do not support their ideas and strategies with data, analysis and calculations. Behind this fact is that most of people join this profession considering it very easy task and a job where calculations and mathematics is not involved.
7) Enthusiasm for the professional development – We all has been studies in our school and colleges level that “Knowledge is a wealth; the more you distribute/share the more you gain”. In this profession of Human Resource; we are privileged and are in a very unique position where we can develop people. We can develop their career. We can develop their life. We can help them in changing their perception and behavior. We can groom them, so that they can be successful in their life. Don’t you think that we have very important and crucial role to play?? How many of us have actually thought in these lines? Do, think about it, you have one life, give what you can. If 10 people will remember me once I bid adieu to this world for helping them in developing their life.
8) Self Discipline – It is universal truth before u guide else, u should implement on self. For an HR Professional this quality if must. If there job is to set standards and ethics for others, they should set standards, ethics and rules for self first so to motivate others and be an example before they guide them. Discipline in life is a must to grow, prosper and being successful.
9) Trust Worthy – Most required quality to succed in any profession is been trust worthy. Specially for a critical profession like HR. Candidates, at the time of interview share important information with HR; Employees share lots of information, personal, professional, ideas, suggestions, future related, dreams etc. Imagine, if the HR professional keep sharing that information with everyone in the team of HR; will that employee ever comeback to HR to share anything with him. NEVER. HR professionals need to win that trust and then maintain and keep that trust. This is very true for HR Professionals, who are working in “Employee Relations”.
If an HR Professionals follows above mentioned qualities religiously and implement in themselves naturally, no body can stop him/her to succeed in the profession and marking a difference in the HR Industry.
Adam - About Author:
Bookmytrainings.com - an online training marketplace offers Soft skills Training, NLP Training, PMP Training, ITIL Training, Six Sigma Training, Corporate Training, MS Excel Training, Agile Training, Supply Chain Management Training and Project Management Training – Bangalore, Delhi, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai, India.
Published by David on June 10th 2012 | Education
Published by Ashutosh Kaushik on June 11th 2012 | Education
Published by Digitalcourse on July 27th 2012 | Education
Published by RAMKY on May 8th 2012 | Education
Published by Ashutosh Kaushik on June 20th 2012 | Education
Published by Albert Xavier on December 29th 2011 | Education
Published by RAMKY on May 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Asitava Bose on January 11th 2012 | Education
Published by Socialweb on February 29th 2012 | Education
Published by RAMKY on June 15th 2012 | Education
Published by David Raju on May 16th 2012 | Education
Published by Albert Xavier on December 30th 2011 | Education
Published by Zach Sheldon on May 23rd 2012 | Education
Published by Maaya on December 2nd 2011 | Education
Published by Ashutosh Kaushik on July 3rd 2012 | Education
Every year lakh's of engineering students invests crore's of rupees for their education in India...
Published by Ashutosh Kaushik on July 24th 2012 | Education
Published by Shijina on March 2nd 2012 | Education
Published by James Blee on July 24th 2012 | Education
Published by RAMKY on June 9th 2012 | Education
Published by Stefen on January 14th 2012 | Education