Experience the Perfect Alpine Charm of Switzerland through a Package Tour to Europe
Switzerland is the epitome of classic beauty, culture and adventure, all rolled into a breathtaking background of glistening peaks and shimmering lakes. Let’s take a look at some of the most famous sights that this incredible destination has to offer.
As pretty as a picture postcard, Lucerne is fairytale land full of mighty mountains, glittering lakes, and alpine villages. Wide stretches of meadow are replete with edelweiss and the soft charming tinkle of cowbells. Besides the scenic beauty, its other popular attractions include:
• The impressive Lion Monument, a tribute to the brave Swiss soldiers who died fighting valiantly in the French Revolution.
• Kappellbrucke, a covered, wooden chapel bridge, perfect for a stroll to stretch your legs.
• The Jesuit Church, known for its resplendent adornment.
With its adventurous environment of skydiving, hang gliding, skiing and more, Interlaken is one of the most exciting destinations to visit and is a hub for backpackers throughout the year. Besides its sports activities, it is famous for Jungfrau, the third highest mountain of the Bernese Alps.
Jungfrau, the ‘Top of Europe’, is a breathtakingly beautiful world of sparkling glaciers and glittering ice. Attractions of this magnificent frost and snow world include:
• A charming, cogwheel train ride through the mountains which takes you to Europe’s highest railway station.
• The magnificent Aletsch Glacier which is a stream of ice—the longest in the Alps.
• The majestic Ice Palace.
• The Sphinx Observation Terrace, from where you can get a panoramic view of the Alpine region.
Mount Pilatus is one of the most legendary and alluring mountains near Lucerne. Activities in this resplendent mountain region include:
• A fantastic aerial gondola or cable car ride to get to the peak of Mount Pilatus.
• An exquisite bird’s-eye view of surrounding mountains and lakes from the top.
• The Dragon’s Path, which is a short hike down to the summit.
• A cog-wheel railway ride from the summit to Alpnachstad.
Formed in the last ice age, the Rhine Falls are Europe’s most massive plain waterfalls. Located in Schaffhausen in northern Switzerland, this is the ideal spot for a fantastic photo session.
The largest city in Switzerland, Zurich is as famous for its hectic pace as it is for its magnificent churches, cultural and historical museums, fantastic parks and gardens and breathtaking architecture. Its most famous sights are:
• Bahnhofstrasse, the most expensive shopping street.
• St. Peter’s Church, which has the world’s biggest church clock-face.
• Grossmünster, a radiant Romanesque Cathedral.
Besides these popular places, Switzerland has many more beautiful sights to offer. To get the most out of your Europe tour, visit your travel operator and find out about the different holiday packages available. Then plan your holiday to this charming and delightful destination called Switzerland.
Noshir Lavangia - About Author:
Noshir Lavangia has been working in the travel and airline industry since the last 15 years. A travel buff with vast knowledge of aspects of Switzerland tours, here he advises on Europe tours and packages.
Published by Ajay Kumar on December 27th 2011 | Destinations
Published by Rashidbadyari007@yahoo.in on January 12th 2012 | Travel
Published by Noshir Lavangia on March 5th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Glyn Jones on November 26th 2011 | Travel
Published by Carter Collins on January 24th 2012 | Travel
Published by SonomaSterling on May 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by Pradeep Kumar on June 12th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Max Planck on July 6th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Warner on April 23rd 2012 | Travel
Published by Edmund Brunetti on November 25th 2011 | Travel
Published by Ajay Kumar on May 17th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Smith Lara on December 20th 2011 | Travel
Published by Larry Ghomes on January 12th 2012 | Travel
Published by Dan Valley on June 18th 2012 | Travel
Published by Dan Valley on April 30th 2012 | Travel
Published by Maryparker on January 3rd 2012 | Destinations
Published by Ajay Kumar on January 17th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Aanchal Gupta on May 24th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Ajay Kumar on February 15th 2012 | Destinations
Published by Christian Saveet on February 6th 2012 | Travel