Online Dating: Preparing a Good Profile
Once you've decided to try online dating, the first step is to create a good profile. This will be your identity for as long as you are present on this website, so you must give it some amount of thought before you post a profile.
You may get a standard form to fill which asks you to provide details like gender, age, ethnicity, marital status, income group, etc. and also ask you to give a brief description of yourself in your own words. Or you may be asked for a resume-like format.
Online dating sites maintain a difference between a “Public” and “Private” profile. Some information is to be regarded as confidential and retained solely for the use of the website, such as name, credit card information, postal address, phone numbers etc and this is regarded as “Private.” You are asked to provide a user-name and this along with other information like hobbies, interests, preferences, etc is regarded as “Public.”
If you want to get noticed, receive plenty of responses and ultimately have a wider choice of people to choose from, your profile must be attractive enough to get instant attention. However it is up to you to decide what kind of attention you want! You don't want to attract the wrong type of person. This could be dangerous, risky or at the very least, a sheer waste of time.
Keeping this in mind, here are some tips for creating a good online profile:
* The Hamburger Principle: Sandwich the meat between slices of toasted bun, with tasty additions of cheese, mayo, ketchup and salad. Give some solid information, with snippets of interesting facts, ideas, humor and glimpses of the real you.
* Be honest: Never lie when creating profiles. Sooner or later, it will catch up with you. Finally, when you do find the right person, it will be embarrassing and awkward to confess that what you posted on your profile was deceitful and dishonest.
* Make it interesting: No one wants to read through reams of boring facts. Give examples, write creatively, allow your personality to come through. Add information about your interests, hobbies, life-style, achievements, expectations.
* Be careful: Do not give away too much information. Be discreet. Avoid unsuitable words, ideas which may attract the wrong sort of person.
* Be clear: Mention clearly what you are looking for. Long-term, short-term, friendship, marriage, etc.
* Watch the grammar: You don't have to come across as a literary genius, but no one appreciates badly written, mis-spelt, ungrammatical stuff. Do final checks before you submit.
Mitchel Jairo - About Author:
If you want to create your profile for Dating Sites, Visit Online Dating Sites and create something that other people will want to read. Enjoy Dating Online For Free. Our service is completely safe secure and confidential.Also read my blogs at Mitchel Jairo.
Published by James Lawrie on January 7th 2012 | Dating
Published by Adam Braff on June 7th 2012 | Dating
Published by Asian Sugarbabe on June 23rd 2012 | Dating
Published by Ricky Williams on January 3rd 2012 | Dating
Published by Mitchell Dion on February 10th 2012 | Dating
Published by Siddharthg on January 21st 2012 | Dating
Published by Truconnection on June 27th 2012 | Dating
Published by Sloane on March 26th 2012 | Dating
Published by Adam Braff on March 30th 2012 | Dating
Published by Juanita Schaefer on February 13th 2012 | Dating
What benefits do big beautiful woman dating sites have. These niche dating sites specialize in m...
Published by Asian Sugarbabe on June 11th 2012 | Dating
Published by Siddharthg on February 2nd 2012 | Dating
Published by Truconnection on April 17th 2012 | Dating
Published by Adam Braff on January 23rd 2012 | Dating
Published by Adam Braff on March 1st 2012 | Dating
Published by Mobiledating on April 18th 2012 | Dating
Published by Datingchinesegirlsonline on June 7th 2012 | Dating
Published by on December 14th 2011 | Dating
Published by Julia Bennet on December 6th 2011 | Dating
Published by Lera Cupidonova on November 25th 2011 | Dating
Published by Victorchazs on August 23rd 2012 | Dating
Published by Mary Clab on August 22nd 2012 | Dating
Published by Ivar Thomas on August 18th 2012 | Dating
Published by Aron Duncan on August 14th 2012 | Dating
Published by Lilianramos on August 13th 2012 | Dating
Published by Truconnection on August 8th 2012 | Dating