Accident at Work Compensation Claim- a Simple Guide
The United Kingdom has a comprehensive legal applications and process to ensure health and safety at workplace. Health and Safety Executive (generally known as HSE) provides the laws and legal insight about various industries, equipments and noisy work environments. In the case where the employer is unable to stand by signed agreements and legal obligations; he will have to pay compensation in the case of any injury or fatality at work. The legal process gives employees an option of accident at work compensation claim, which is settled following a legal process.
One thing has to be born in mind that every accident at work is not compensable by the employer because not all of the accidents occur because of employer’s inability. Sometimes, the accidents are fallout of other employee’s negligence. Hence, fixing the responsibility is the fundamental thing in claiming accident at work compensation. Just look at the following probabilities, where a worker can indulge in a legal process for accident compensation.
• Sometimes, the cause of the injury is employer, while in some cases, a co-worker can be the main cause, or even both can be.
• If a worker faces some fracture of heavy machinery accidents, due to inappropriate security and supervision, he can claim for compensation.
• In the case, a workers falls from some high place, and his bone is broken, the claim can be made.
• Tripping or slipping on the floor, because of poor maintenance is also an accident at work compensation case.
• Sustaining any injury or burns because of some chemical, due to lack of training is also a case of accidents at work compensation.
Although, some prominent cases have been listed here, for more detailed versions the official HSE website should be visited.
In the following, a simple guide is given, which could help you claim for compensation for a given work related injury or accident.
• The first thing that a worker needs to do is, inform the employer about the accident or injury
• It is highly important to notify your employers before making a claim, because ultimately they are the ones, who are responsible to inform and report HSE about it, depending upon the severity of accident.
• Get the accident registered at the company’s accidents book. This is extremely important because it will work as a documented proof finally, that you have informed your employer about that.
• Seeking the medical help is of course, an important part of this. The worker has to visit some doctor to get examined and treated properly. The medical report is ultimately the main player, which decides the level of injury, future complications and treatment. The compensations are finally calculated on the basis of medical report and doctors’ analysis.
• Finding some legal adviser and solicitor is the final step in the accidents at work compensation saga.
Having the complete record of the incident, preparing a proper medical report and finally consulting some reliable solicitor are the main points, which play the main role in the whole accident at work compensation claim settlement.
Central Claims - About Author:
Central Claims Group deals with accident at work compensation claim, car accident claims, hand and arm vibration syndrome, Industrial Disease Compensation, work related hearing loss, Road Traffic Accident Claims.
Published by Vickey Hill on December 19th 2011 | Customer Service
Published by Kevin Moze on April 22nd 2012 | Customer Service
Published by Mary Porter on June 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on June 19th 2012 | Customer Service
Published by AngeloEverton on December 14th 2011 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 2nd 2011 | Business
Published by Carl Schmidt on December 21st 2011 | Business
Published by Devinpayton88 on May 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Samantha Kirk on February 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Mike Tyson on July 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by Drothy on July 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Jeremy Goins on January 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Ema Sis on July 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Matt Jwell on December 20th 2011 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on January 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Rose Thorp on November 29th 2011 | Business
Published by Tobby Heldson on January 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Sai Manohar on February 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Danial Martin on December 19th 2011 | Business