Smart Catering Tips for Couples in this Jilted Economy
If you have been planning to tie the knot and desperately looking forward to cutting of corners then you are not alone. In this dwindling economy, couples are looking to get the best deals in a limited budget. It is easy to achieve this by a little smart work and of course a lot of negotiation. Food, being an integral part of every wedding, needs the most attention. Therefore, it is important to seek smart catering tips that may help in serving the best food even with an inadequate budget.
In the section below, we have discussed some catering Tips that will help to save expenses for the couples along with letting them have the best celebration experience -
1. It is imperative to understand that the food should be tasty and sumptuous but going overboard can result in increasing of expenses. For instance after the cocktail, have a three course meal for the guests instead of five as it will prevent any wastage. If there are salads at the cocktails, then including a salad in the main course should be eliminated.
2. Instead of elaborate ingredients, include simple fresh seasonal ingredients in the salads such as spring greens. This will help in bringing down the cost and will help to make a setting for the entrée options that will follow.
3. Ask any event planner and he/she will tell instantly that most guests eat with their eyes first. Therefore, creativity is necessary for those looking to give their guests a unique experience. For instance, serving trays or chaffing bowls should have an element of twist and it will be instantly appreciated by the guests.
4. Experienced caterers will help you to eliminate many common entries that will not be missed by guests. Entries such as cheese platters are regularly enjoyed by the guests at other places such as home or work. Try something different like offer potato dough bites with goat cheese, cheddar cheese and an assortment of dips.
5. It is best not to serve the best wines or liquor and to opt for something in the middle. It is easier to try a variety of signature drinks with appealing garnishes. It can help to cut down the consumption and cost of liquor.
6. When it comes to desserts, it is better to stick to regular flavors than trying something gourmet. It is also easy to negotiate with the caterer to eliminate the cake cutting fees completely.
One should always seek expert’s advice and catering Tips to make their celebration memorable even under the limited resources.
Published by Jack on February 16th 2012 | Cooking
Published by Theopencork on March 15th 2012 | Food
Published by Glyn Jones on July 15th 2012 | Food
Published by Theopencork on January 17th 2012 | Food
Published by Marktett12 on February 25th 2012 | Cooking
Published by Wills Loren on February 7th 2012 | Food
Published by Glyn Jones on June 19th 2012 | Food