Do You Want to Overcome from Communication Barriers?
Lack of effective communication makes difficult for an organization to achieve its goals.The importance of communication skills cannot be disregarded in an organization.Even the simplest things in business cannot be achieved without effective communication.
Today a lot of organizations are appreciating the importance of communication skills.That’s why many big organizations are striving to bring down each and every communication barrier that they encounter.If any employee is unable to communicate effectively then it affects the performance of the company.Organizations are organizing and developing programs to help to improve their communication skills.By this mean,every person who is the part of the organization can understand and appreciate the idea of effective communication.
Many things can induce communication problems or barriers such as:
• Difference in perception: today information is in the air.Things can be same to a person and the two maps of a place are identical but the difference comes in the perception.How the mind of a person absorbs the information.As two minds grab and experience the information in a unique and personal way.Same thing applies in the business also.So the difference in the perception may result in the barrier in their communication.
• Language problems may induce communication problems.It may be that the words which you have chosen to pass your message or signal that may be not right according to that person and misunderstood by him.It may be because words can be interpreted in more than one way.
• So to avoid the situation choose appropriate and accurate words possible.Always choose those words which your audience can understand easily.Present observable facts,events and circumstances with your words.
• Poor listening can also cause this problem. Lack of attention is a major reason behind this.Sometimes when we feel disinterest in any subject than our mind distract automatically and sometimes it pays a lot.It’s simply and directly lack of attention in the subject. By being attentive this problem can be sorted out.
• If you don’t understand anything at any point of the discussion then asks questions,asks the speaker to clarify his view.Try to view the situation from the point of view of the speaker.Ask non-threatening questions and listen without interrupting.
• Different backgrounds can also cause problems in communication.Age,social status,education,gender,cultural background, temperament,health, popularity, religion, political belief all separate a person different from the other.Communication barrier may arise from such things.It makes understanding difficult. To come out from such situation it’s important to overcome from the barriers associated with different backgrounds.
You can clarify your background to others and try to understand of others.So to be successful,it’s important to avoid certain things and adapt others.
Published by Avena Sowell on March 12th 2012 | Communication
Published by Becky on March 13th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on June 28th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on December 24th 2011 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on February 24th 2012 | Communication
Published by Chris Mills on February 29th 2012 | Communication
Published by Robin Mackenzie on May 28th 2012 | Communication
Published by Julia Roger on July 4th 2012 | Communication
Published by Annphilip on March 26th 2012 | Communication
Published by C.M.Sundaram on June 12th 2012 | Communication
Published by Ema Sis on February 18th 2012 | Communication
Published by SharonThomas on June 14th 2012 | Communication
Published by Avena Sowell on January 31st 2012 | Communication