Your Employee Productivity Reflect Leadership Skills?
Productivity is the direct outcome of people doing something. In today's knowledge worker environment, to secure maximum productivity demands that every employee has the very best self leadership skills.
Ongoing research through Gallup to American Society for leadership training and Development that traditional training of knowledge and skills is not transferring to higher levels of productivity and therefore profitability.
Possibly, these questions might help you to establish a culture of high performance where maximum productivity is being embraced and delivered by each and every employee from the top down.
1. Do your existing employee executive leadership training sessions focus only on knowledge and skills? If you answered yes, then ask yourself what causes poor employee productivity more often than not? Is it a lack of knowledge and skills or poor attitudes and habits? If you answered poor attitudes and habits, then take action to revisit your training curriculum.
2. Does your employee training exceed a minimum of 50 hours per year? If securing maximum productivity is much more about attitudes and habits, will less than 50 hours per year deliver said improvement? How long did it take for those attitudes and habits to be formed?
3. Is your employee training offered as a one Time management event? Research suggests that a one time exposure to a learning event results in 2% retention after 16 days. For example, what is 10 x 10? You know that almost without thinking, 100. However can you answer as quickly and with equal conviction as to what is 25x24? What is the difference? Simply speaking, rote memorization, spaced repetition or multiple practice opportunities are what develop long term memory retention.
4. Does your employee training provided opportunities for feedback? Maximum productivity happens when everything is working right for that employee. When there are no opportunities for feedback, you are no learning of the obstacles that are preventing employee productivity from being realized.
5. Does your employee training focus on the inherent strengths within each of your employees? If winning teams win because of the strengths of each team member, then should not your training be also structured in such as way?
Self leadership skills are so much more about:
• Positive attitudes and habits
• Numerous opportunities for practice
• Constructive feedback
• Inherent strengths within each individual
than just knowledge and skills about the fundamentals of doing a job. When you have a knowledge workers that leverage self leadership skills, you will realize maximum productivity.
Amy Groot - About Author:
FranklinCovey is a global leader in effectiveness training, productivity toolsleadership, productivity, time management , leadership training , executive leadership training , strategy execution, and assessment services for organizations and individuals. FranklinCovey helps companies achieve greatness by unleashing the power of their work forces to focus and execute on top business priorities. Clients include multinationals, mid-sized and small, as well as numerous government entities and educational institutions. Organizations and individuals access FranklinCovey products and services through corporate training and consulting, licensed client facilitators, one-on-one coaching, public workshops andwww.franklincovey.com.au/
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on May 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on May 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Methew Pitt on December 13th 2011 | Business
Published by James Blee on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Glyn Jones on July 7th 2012 | Business
Published by John Schubert on August 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Crowin Smith on January 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Adam Walker on April 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Devinpayton88 on May 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Thomasgalvin on January 30th 2012 | Business
Published by ShopTexasElectricity on February 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Amber Cruz on April 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Colbert Patel on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Netta Maistro on August 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Crowin Smith on April 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Devi on February 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on February 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on July 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Rahul on July 24th 2012 | Business