Tips to Improve the Chances to Sell your Home
The real estate market is evolving by leaps and bounds and sellers are coming up with innovative techniques every day to enhance the chances of selling their home. Every seller wants to sell their property as soon as possible without any hassles. While planning to sell their property, sellers make some common mistakes as a result of which they do not succeed in selling their home at the right price.
As investment property managers we often come across a lot of homeowners in Houston and Dallas who are unaware of the ways and means of selling a home. Through this article, we would like to share a few guidelines to help you improve the chances of selling your home.
If you are a seller trying to sell your home, you should be aware of the reasons why your home is not selling.
1. Your house is overpriced: The wise sellers are those who price their house slightly below the market price. Consequently this would help in generating adequate interest and gradually encourage much higher bids in the future. Overpriced homes are rarely preferred by the potential buyers. Moreover a house that sits in the market for a long time gives buyers enough reasons to be suspicious. In the Houston area, there is a glut of homes for sale and so it only makes sense that buyers can be choosy.
2. Poor location: This is another important factor as location of the house and its price is co-related. Homes located in a safe area, proper transportation facilities,good schools and shopping complexes are easy to sell. On the other hand, homes located in less developed areas with minimum facilities face tough competition from houses located in urban areas.
3. Your home lacks visual-appeal: Using curb-appeal to create the first impression to sell your house. It is important to enhance the visual appeal of the exterior of your house to wow the potential buyers. You can start with the front yard and make it look clean and welcoming. The shrubs should be trimmed properly and the lawn should be mowed. Repainting the house also works wonders to increase its value.
4. Remodel the bathrooms and kitchen: To attract potential buyers, you should remodel the interior of the home including kitchen and the bathrooms. Ensure that you get the cabinet doors polished and clean out the refrigerator as well. Also, repair the leaky toilets and blocked bathroom drains and sinks. A fully refurbished home with mowed lawns, attractive fencing including elegant and modernized bathroom and kitchen will enhance the value of the home thus helping you earn maximum profit.
5. Staging your home: Too many pieces of furniture makes your home look cluttered. Therefore, ensure that your house is not crowded with furniture. Get rid of the extra furniture and keep the ones that are expensive and classy. To make the rooms look spacious, you should arrange the furniture properly to create enough space in each room. Outdated and dirty furniture should be replaced immediately. You also need to ensure that the rusted swings and damaged patio furniture are replaced with new ones.
6. Your home is not accessible to agents and buyers: Your home should be easily accessible to the agents so that they can show the property to their clients. In order to make your home accessible to the agents as well as buyers, ensure that your agent has the house key with him.
These are few tips to guide you in selling your home at the best possible price. Selling a house can be a daunting job but following these simple tips would help ensure that your sale goes smoothly without any hassle.
Ashokalion - About Author:
Jay Raman is the Broker of Record for the Lion Real Estate Group, LLC, a Houston and Dallas area brokerage. Jay and his team have been buying, selling, and leasing homes primarily with a focus on investment property in Houston & Dallas for the past 6 years and manage over 160 residential (single family home) properties in Houston and Dallas as well as several associations. To get more great articles or ideas, you can also visit Brokerage’s Investor Website, Facebook or Twitter Account. Visit: http://buy-investment-property.ashokalion.com/
Published by James Blee on July 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Deepti on March 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Deepti on March 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Jamesalexjendra on July 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Dany on May 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Leslie Hoffman on January 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on July 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Ravinder on November 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Calum Rendall on April 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Fixedincome on March 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Harry on June 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Ricky Charles on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by Deepti on April 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Paul Smith on May 23rd 2012 | Business
Property in Indian is the most recommended Technique of Economical investment for Indians. Thoug...
Published by Sara Phelps on December 12th 2011 | Business
Published by Deepti on March 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Kristine on January 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Robert Doran on January 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Joy on February 3rd 2012 | Business