Things to Consider Prior to Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
When seeking compensation for an injury due to the negligence of another, it is important to research thoroughly so you know you are hiring the right personal injury lawyer for your case. Many lawyers are located in the Miami area that specialize in personal injury, however, many of them might not be the right attorney for you. The success of a case depends on proper representation. Below are a few things to consider prior to choosing a personal injury attorney in Miami:
- Experience matters! A lawyer with significant experience will know the laws and regulations of the state well, and also know the tricks companies use to get out of paying. This can become especially handy when dealing with insurance companies. An attorney with years of experience will be well equipped to face insurance companies, as well as opposing lawyers, in order to receive the full compensation amount. An experienced lawyer is more comfortable navigating the law and the courtroom in order to achieve the desired results.
- Not all cases go to trial. Claims for compensation go to trial only when a deal cannot be settled between the two parties. A competent lawyer will ensure that the facts of the case are represented well, thereby ensuring you the result you desire. If you think your case may go to trial, it is also best to ask your lawyer how much more that would cost. Some lawyers will not mention this on purpose until you do go to court, and then charge much more than you anticipated. This will leave you with a negative view of your lawyer and the partnership between you may be damaged at that point.
- Most cases are accepted on a contingency basis. This means that the lawyer will receive a percentage of the compensation if the case is won or will receive nothing if the case is lost. Legal fees, such as costs for filing the lawsuit, or serving notices are to be incurred by the petitioner. The contingency fee differs from lawyer to lawyer, so do some research and see what they offer first. One Miami personal injury attorney may charge a little fee while others may charge a much more significant fee which is something to consider when hiring.
- Personal injury cases may include road accidents, work related accidents, and medical malpractice. Compensation can also be sought for psychological injuries as a result of illness, false arrests, or malicious prosecution.
- While many attorneys on television or in print media sound trustworthy, they may not be reliable. Good lawyers are found through word of mouth or through recognition of practice in elite publications. It is important to consider the reputation of the attorney prior to hiring them. If you have a few lawyer names on hand, do a search on the internet with their name and include: “bad reputation” or “scam”. You may find some good reports or bad, but it is always best to know who you are trusting your case with and their track record.
John Elliott Leighton - About Author:
A lawyer practicing medical malpractice in Miami can help people claim compensation for negligence during treatment. The author of this article often helps clients choose professional personal injury attorneys in Miami. For more details visit http://leightonlaw.com
Published by Danny Kaye on May 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Paxton on January 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Evans Baliol on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Robert Doran on February 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Mchenry1 on January 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Mchenry1 on December 30th 2011 | Business
Published by Mchenry1 on June 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Aidan Margas on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Jennifer Weinstein on December 12th 2011 | Business
Published by on November 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Paxton on January 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Carl Schmidt on December 22nd 2011 | Business
Published by Carl Schmidt on December 14th 2011 | Business
Published by Mchenry1 on March 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Safinajones on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Gordon Russo on January 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Alen Gray on April 17th 2012 | Business