Quick Tips for Maintenance of Air Compressors
Regardless of the type of air compressor in Belfast, routine maintenance is necessary to ensure that it keeps performing efficiently. The following maintenance tips are applicable to both low duty as well as industrial air compressors in NI:
- The starting point is the manufacturer’s operation and maintenance manual that must be easily accessible. Familiarity with the manual is a must.
- Note the frequency at which the tank must be drained to rid it from moisture. These mechanisms have manual drain valves for this. Accumulated moisture can cause problems and it, therefore, must ideally be drained every day.
- The oil level must be checked regularly as low levels of oil can damage the pump. A change of oil must be performed according to the manufacturer’s manual.
- Cleaning the oil and air filters must be a priority. If they are damaged, they must be replaced immediately.
- Air hoses and lines must be inspected regularly to avoid leakage. The fuel tank and the
- In NI, the industrial air compressor’s motors and pumps must be kept dust free to prolong the life of the equipment.
- If there is an automatic oiler, it must be inspected to see that it is working properly.
- In Belfast, air compressors must be placed in a spot where there is adequate ventilation as this prevents wear on the pump. There must be enough cross air flow to avoid overheating if it is installed indoors. When installed outdoors, it may need extra wiring and sound proofing, including protection from freezing.
- Air compression machines can be noisy and if you work around one, you may need ear plugs to protect yourself.
- The air flow must be regulated as per the recommended tool settings.
- A quality air hose must be used
- The temperature must be maintained as per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- In NI, industrial air compressor belts must be checked for damage and tension periodically.
- They must be regularly lubricated unless they are the oil less sort.
- The heat exchangers must be cleaned regularly. If they build up dirt, its performance goes down.
- The PSI must be regulated at periodic intervals and preferably kept low as over-pressurising wears out the unit and increases the cost of operation.
- A majority of problems are usually from routine wear and tear.
- Any worn parts must be replaced promptly as they can interfere with the operation.
- The unit must always be placed on a flat, level surface.
- The fuel tank must be kept clean.
- The compressed air pipes must be kept free from dirt and dust
The above tips will ensure the air compressor’s long life. It is critical to follow the manufacturer’s safety guidelines before using your air compressor with power tools in Belfast. Protective gear where specified must be worn to avoid injury. While conducting routine maintenance, the electro-mechanical engine must be turned off and disconnected from its power source.
Proper maintenance of industrial air compressors in NI can save a lot of time and money while helping you get the best return on your investment.
Johnathan J - About Author:
PowerAir is a leading supplier of premium Air Compressors Belfast region. Ever since 1978, PowerAir has extensive technical expertise in the development of Industrial Air Compressors NI.
Published by Gerald Keith on May 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Mayank Gandhi on June 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Jack on March 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Sonia Nathani on March 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Alicia Tan on July 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Maxy on June 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Jack on March 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Carolmoore on March 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Jullia on December 8th 2011 | Business
Published by Ema Sis on March 27th 2012 | Business
A name badge at the moment are the greater feature to research a business along with it should b...
Published by Andrew S on April 9th 2012 | Business