Physicians Answering Service Vs. Receptionist – Time to Choose
Is a physicians answering service better than a receptionist? Continue reading and you’ll get the answer...
A receptionist performs the following tasks:
• takes calls, screens, and directs them
• takes messages and transfers them
• greets clients warmly and answers their queries
• greets people arriving at the hospital or corporate house
• directs people in the hospital or company to the concerned department
• provides information and support to callers
• provides general clerical services and administrative support
• replies to mails, takes deliveries, sorts out mails, prepares documents, schedules appointments and meetings
• keeps a record of calls, appointments, and events in the company
• looks presentable as well as keeps the reception area attractive.
Aesthetic value is not so important in case of a physicians answering service.
A receptionist must possess:
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• professionalism in talk and conduct
• knowledge about impeccable customer service
• aptness in managing data, organizing, and planning and paying attention to detail
• interest in the job because it reflects in the tone of voice
• reliable nature, pleasing personality, and ability to handle stress and workload, especially in case of call overload
Hospital Answering Service
An answering service performs the following tasks:
• takes calls with a warm greeting and gives the required information, transfers calls, and takes messages
• handles devices such as telephone, interactive radio, switchboard, intercom, and others
• transfers oral and written messages, and schedules meetings and appointments
• transfers emergency calls to the concerned person
• keeps the concerned person informed of all calls, maintains a record of calls
• maintains confidentiality of patient’s information and not let a third party access the patients’ records
• Monitors alarm systems to ensure secure conditions
• works under the protocol of the hospital and handles the routine inquiries of patients. This is one of the several important features of physicians answering service.
• creates a database of calls, messages, and patients’ records
An answering service must possess:
• telephone etiquette
• excellent communication skills and the spirit of teamwork
• Ability to work under the protocol of the hospital and having an understanding of how the medical field works
• computer expertise, technical skill to handle communication devices, and good managing, organizing, and planning skills.
• ability to respond promptly and sensibly to diverse calls, and to keep calm during emergencies
• ability to handle work pressure and take calls 24x7
• reliable nature and the assurance that the system won’t break down during call overload
Read and compare the tasks and qualities of a receptionist and that of a physicians answering service carefully. You’d realize that a receptionist comes with certain liabilities. Say, you have to bear their moods, which may affect their way of speaking with the callers. The presentation of a person sitting at the front desk matters too. You just can’t hire a shabbily dressed, ill-groomed person. You may need to train the in-house receptionist.
On the contrary, answering service professionals need no training. They’re a skilled lot. Physical appearance doesn’t matter here; it’s all about communication. Moreover, they are high tech phone experts who know how and what to talk. So, a physicians answering service gets the thumbs up. It’s time to bid the receptionist good bye!
Published by Samantha Kirk on June 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on July 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Zupiter Rey on January 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Purushottam Chandra on January 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on April 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Holman on April 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 17th 2012 | Business
Published by DerickMerchant on April 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Jeremy Goins on November 30th 2011 | Business
Published by Ankita Gupta on July 1st 2012 | Business
Published by Robwillmas on May 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Aldis Hodge on March 22nd 2012 | Business
Robert Buggs on the moment is the Chief People's Capital Official inside the Section create...
Published by Purushottam Chandra on January 31st 2012 | Business
Published by Ankita Gupta on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Amanda Leslie on June 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Purushottam Chandra on January 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Website Designing In India on January 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Mithun on May 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Canberra Marketing on December 4th 2011 | Business