Marketing Mistakes You Might Make in the IT Market
So, you have this snappy software product that can slash company expenses by half, or you might have a company that is churning out really great software services geared at the IT sector. The problem here is that you do not seem to get enough customers. Why is that so? You might have to take a better look at your IT lead generation campaign. You might not believe the kind of marketing mistakes that can ruin your chances of getting more B2B leads. That can be very costly for your firm, and you might be losing what could be profitable business leads. Better take note of these so that you get them right.
1. Wrong timing – one factor that can make you lose valuable IT leads is the timing of your release. Sometimes, even if your product will work, releasing them during the time they are not needed yet can spell disaster for your sales. The same thing with store openings, too.
2. Slow return on investments – this point comes from the fact that a lot of companies are spending too much in various IT lead generation tactics. The problem here is that they have no idea whether they can have a return on investments soon enough. If not, then it will be a loss.
3. Websites that only sell – that is one area that some companies overlook. Customers want answers fast, and if they have to pay before getting answers, then they will look for someone else. Now, if you give them useful business tips for free, they might think you are worth their time.
4. Forgetting the current customers – business these days is no longer a single transaction type. People want to establish a relationship with a company they have worked with and have been pleased with the service. Ignoring that fact will alienate them and drive them to the competition.
5. No clear annual goals – now that is what you might call as truly lost. Floating in and out every year without clear goals is a sign of bad business management, plus lost client confidence. Better clean up your act and nail what you want to achieve so that you can get real results.
6. Wrong marketing materials – take Burger King, for example. Sure, I like their burgers, but one thing that I find puzzling is their marketing. Who are they selling to, really? Failure to create marketing materials that will appeal to their target market will result in bad sales results.
7. Too many tactics – spreading yourself too thin when it comes to marketing methods can actually ruin your chances in IT lead generation. Instead, focus more on a few mediums, like telemarketing, where you can be more effective (and less hassled).
8. Lacks customer service desks – last but certainly not the least. One thing customers want is for a way to ask help when they have a problem. Sure, it may be in the form of complaints, but if you can fix it, and you usually can, you are actually creating better relationships for your business.
Once you have identified whether you have such problems in your firm, it is only a matter of time for you to take care of it.
Phillip Mckenzie - About Author:
Phillip Mckenzie is a successful lead generation and appointment setting consultant specializing in IT Telemarketing. To know more about IT Telemarketing, Phillip recommends you to visit http://www.it-sales-leads.com.
Published by Pallavi Sharma on March 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 4th 2012 | Business
Published by Steve Boston on March 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on December 24th 2011 | Business
Published by Manas Sadangi on January 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Harry on April 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Myrtle Butz on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on February 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Safinajones on January 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Jane Cyrus on February 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Amitaabh Saboo on January 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Lauraallen on April 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Harry on December 12th 2011 | Business
Published by Samuel Arthur on January 18th 2012 | Business
Published by Ajay Aditya on February 1st 2012 | Business
Published by Coloprilreview on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Simon Dcruz on March 1st 2012 | Business
Published by Nishaidhijames on August 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Maya Gupta on June 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Marmore on August 2nd 2012 | Business