Five Reasons Your Telemarketing Copy Fail
Writing a great copy is a must for every business, and that also includes those in the telemarketing industry. It is a fact that there are a lot of companies looking to improve their chances of bagging that profitable business prospect. Sending a copy article to these prospects appears to be a good one. Still, there are problems involved in this. If you make a mistake, then you might end up spending for nothing. There are five common mistakes that first-time copywriters of telemarketing firms make.
Among these common mistakes are:
1. Customers care about the business – that is pretty much far from the truth. If anything, customers care more about what telemarketers can deliver. This is an important point to consider if you are going to advertise your company to them. Remember, you are asking them to spend in your contact center. You had better come up with a good idea that will convince these prospects to do so. If not, then you will not be able to get a return.
2. Using the same copy in all mediums – sadly, that is one mistake that people still make up to this day. Take note, each advertising medium requires a different sort of copy to make the point. By adjusting your copy articles to match each medium, you are maximizing the impact on your prospects that are reading, watching or listening to it.
3. Using the same copy on all prospects – this is another big no-no. Personalization is the name of the game now. If you send copy articles to prospects that looked more like a bunch of mass-produced works, then you can expect to have lower results in your investments. It will do you well to make each letter you send match the recipient.
4. Trying to sound smart in your copies – not necessarily. Depending on who your market is, you might have to adjust the tone, level of comprehension and technicality of your copy. For example, a copy article aimed at mobile phone engineers will certainly be different from what mobile phone buyers might read. Each demographic has a unique language that you must identify. Again, personalizing plays a big role here. You have to write an article that can convey the message correctly to your intended recipients.
5. Copy-writing is easy – this is an idea that should be eliminated in the minds of those doing this for the first time. There are some things that copy-writing does that may not sit well with regular writing. In this case, it pays to know more about the craft first, before you go ahead and start writing on your own. Master it first before writing anything.
But if you have problems about copy-writing on your own, then you can always hire the services of a good copy-writer. Still, it is good to remember that not all of them are the same. Experience makes all the difference, so to speak. Better hire one who has a lot of experience in this field.
Jayden Chu - About Author:
Jayden Chu helps companies in Malaysia and in other Asia Pacific countries increase their business revenue through lead generation and appointment setting services. He is a professional consultant for telemarketing services. To find out how you can increase your business revenue, go to http://www.callbox.com.my
Published by Mary Porter on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Frank Joseph on July 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Ivon Lerdorf on May 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Parramattacitylegal on December 29th 2011 | Business
Published by Safinajones on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by James Blee on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Adli Law on March 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Dinesh on April 24th 2012 | Business
Published by Appea Martin on April 25th 2012 | Business
Published by on June 23rd 2012 | Business