Are Business Cards Becoming Obsolete
They first appeared in the 17th century, but …the value of a business card has been proven time and time again.
Some say the business card will go the way of the buggy whip, no longer useful. They feel that in the era of LinkedIn, social media and cloud computing, using a business card makes them feel so “horse-and-buggy” like.
The first cards were made in France during the reign of Louis XIV. But now, centuries later, there are still some great reasons why business cards will remain a successful networking tool.
Consider this: they don’t require batteries, a smartphone, or experience, and everyone in the world understands what they are. Those who predict the business card’s demise have lost touch with its primary function. It’s not a simple information exchange. It’s a profound expression of identity.
Here are some great tips for keeping yours fresh:
- Simple is best. Don’t order cards that take forever to print. If you are asked for a card, you should always have one available.
- Know your audience. Don’t give a funny card to a serious executive or a thick foil-embossed card to the founder of “Save the Rainforest.”
- Include your address. A physical location gives people a sense that your business is real and actually receives mail.
- Leave the back side blank. That lets the receiver make notes there.
- Consider texture and weight. Too heavy, you’re killing trees. Too light and you’re not a real business.
- And lastly, if your information has changed, don’t cross out and hand-write the new information. Order new ones immediately. Nothing can kill your image quicker than unprofessional materials. With the small costs of business cards today, it’s definitely worth the investment!
Carmen Wisenbaker - About Author:
The author of this article has expertise in Marketing. The articles on Branding reveals the author’s knowledge on the same. The author has written many articles on Business Cards as well.
Published by Jesse Wallace on May 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Blossom Dana on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by James Blee on May 28th 2012 | Business
Published by Petesampras on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Adli Law on April 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Chris Adam on January 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Shawn Dsouza on August 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on March 3rd 2012 | Business
Published by Ashish Pandey on January 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Loo821ql on January 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Businessbrokers on December 12th 2011 | Business
Published by Rita on March 28th 2012 | Business
Published by Andrew Sebastian on July 30th 2012 | Business
Published by Payroll1 on July 12th 2012 | Business
Published by Terrypa Sencio on February 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Annphilip on February 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Jullia on November 25th 2011 | Business
Published by Sbusiness on May 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Nidhigupta on May 14th 2012 | Business