Are Business Cards Becoming Obsolete
They first appeared in the 17th century, but …the value of a business card has been proven time and time again.
Some say the business card will go the way of the buggy whip, no longer useful. They feel that in the era of LinkedIn, social media and cloud computing, using a business card makes them feel so “horse-and-buggy” like.
The first cards were made in France during the reign of Louis XIV. But now, centuries later, there are still some great reasons why business cards will remain a successful networking tool.
Consider this: they don’t require batteries, a smartphone, or experience, and everyone in the world understands what they are. Those who predict the business card’s demise have lost touch with its primary function. It’s not a simple information exchange. It’s a profound expression of identity.
Here are some great tips for keeping yours fresh:
- Simple is best. Don’t order cards that take forever to print. If you are asked for a card, you should always have one available.
- Know your audience. Don’t give a funny card to a serious executive or a thick foil-embossed card to the founder of “Save the Rainforest.”
- Include your address. A physical location gives people a sense that your business is real and actually receives mail.
- Leave the back side blank. That lets the receiver make notes there.
- Consider texture and weight. Too heavy, you’re killing trees. Too light and you’re not a real business.
- And lastly, if your information has changed, don’t cross out and hand-write the new information. Order new ones immediately. Nothing can kill your image quicker than unprofessional materials. With the small costs of business cards today, it’s definitely worth the investment!
Carmen Wisenbaker - About Author:
The author of this article has expertise in Marketing. The articles on Branding reveals the author’s knowledge on the same. The author has written many articles on Business Cards as well.
Published by Mary Porter on June 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Sean Burke on May 4th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on February 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Steven Brown on June 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Greenbusiness on July 11th 2012 | Business
Published by James Wilson on April 9th 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on July 5th 2012 | Business
Published by John Smith on June 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on March 13th 2012 | Business
Published by Cody on June 11th 2012 | Business
Published by Rossbrown Sales on January 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Andrews Thomas on December 29th 2011 | Business
Published by James Blee on April 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Mary Porter on June 27th 2012 | Business
Published by FeliciaCorrine on June 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Nidhigupta on July 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by Annphilip on February 27th 2012 | Business
Published by Nairapost on January 9th 2012 | Business