3 Reasons Why Your Backoffice is More Important Than It Was Even Five Years Ago
No prices for guessing why having a world class back office or your data processing center or your operations is more valuable today than it was even five or even three years ago.
1. An endless soft market
2. Growing pressures on back office costs because of an aging population
3. Increased customer service level expectations
Wow!! All these look pretty bleak. If you are thinking how does one even succeed in this market? You must know that we are seeing a set unique and innovative companies that are organically growing at double digits year on year!!! How are these companies and leaders doing such a wonderful job? Our VA management consulting team did a detailed analysis of these successful companies and how we can gain from their operations. The three points mentioned below are our learning encapsulated from our research efforts:
1. Don’t try to do everything yourself. Hire the best of breed: Doing this immediately helps increase your standards. Universally every one of these successful companies have ensured that they have a give part of most of their operations to companies that focus on this work. This has helped them increase their standards and learn from the best practices these companies bring from other industry verticals.
2. Operations should drive IT: NOT the other way around. It is common problem for IT to drive operations. Make sure operations drives IT. Most problems we have seen occur because IT is always putting constraints around operations. Technology has evolved now to the extent that you can call someone that can decide impartially for your IT team. IT is now a commodity. Make sure you go with the tools that gets the job done. Not the other way around.
3. People behave as they are measured: Use a custom designed dashboard to manage your operations. Make sure that thesedashboards measure the Key Result Area (KRA) of your operations. As business leader use these dashboards yourself. Make sure that you talk to people about their performance based on their performance. Repeat this till going to the dashboard becomes a part of their daily habit. Repeat this till your team and your bonus depends on the numbers in the dashboard.
Follow these three simple rules and we will guarantee that your operations will become more productive and you will come ahead in this failing market place. In all this strategies need a flawless execution to succeed. If you need help in ‘executing strategies to success’ please feel free to call anyone of us at Vantage Agora at 1-888-246-7211
Vantage Agora - About Author:
Harsha Chaturvedi (COO and Founder, Vantage Agora)
As a founder of Vantage Agora, Harsha has been instrumental in the growth of the company since its inception.Harsha has over 20+ years of experience in consulting, running and helping companies and their supply chains worldwide. His work with many companies, has made him a "turnaround expert". Harsha has four worldwide patents in the area of supply chain management.
He holds an MBA from Southern Methodist University (SMD), Dallas, a masters in Computer Science from Louisiana State University (LSU) Baton Rogue, and a bachelors in Engineering from Bangalore University.
Published by Julia Roger on December 21st 2011 | Business
Published by Joyce Smith on August 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Bennet on February 5th 2012 | Business
Published by Ramawood on March 20th 2012 | Business
Published by John Davis on December 30th 2011 | Business
Published by Ramawood on January 10th 2012 | Business
Published by Vem Call on May 24th 2012 | Business
Published by MailNetwork on February 28th 2012 | Business
Published by on June 16th 2012 | Business
Published by Selfstoragesydney on December 19th 2011 | Business
Published by Glyn Jones on December 9th 2011 | Business
Published by Mike Tyson on July 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on July 20th 2012 | Business
Published by Ramawood on May 7th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on January 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Laverna Dustin on March 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Glyn Jones on June 19th 2012 | Business
Published by John Kumar on December 17th 2011 | Business
Published by Simon Dcruz on March 2nd 2012 | Business
Published by James Blee on August 24th 2012 | Business